29.Little Conflict

Jimin: Uncle, I can't figure out why you want us to break up.

Y/n Dad: As a dad, I have some concerns about my daughter. My wife regrets a lot that we could not take care of her properly from childhood until now. We did our best to make her happy. I hope she has an ordinary life without any hardship.

Jimin: I swear to you, uncle, that I will always be with her and do my best to keep her safe without any concerns.

Y/n Dad: Are you sure that she is not concerned about anything? Lia shares everything with us regarding what's going on in Y/n's life, even if she does not.

Jimin: She worries a lot about me, I know that. Even though it hurts to watch her in that state, I refuse to end our relationship because of it. You want her to enjoy a peaceful life without any tussle since you are her parents. But I want her to grow into a strong individual, who can handle everything on her own.

Y/n Dad: I know you both are grown-ups now and can make decisions on your own about life. You want her to be strong, but do you want her to always be seen in distress?

Jimin: I can understand what you meant, but

Y/n Dad: I can comprehend your perspective, but if you were in my place, would you think the same? As someone who works in business, I am aware of how harsh the corporate world can be. The majority of the individuals I met were wonderful, but some of my friends I knew had lost everything because they had been around those awful people. Although I'm sure you didn't intend to, you ended up getting to know those undesirable individuals. My daughter should stay out of this, please. I hope you'll think about clearing things up.

(Jimin pov

"I thought you loved her, but I doubt that now. You don't consider her happiness, right?" Letting out these words, he dashed out after pouring a glass of cold water on my head.

I was just staring at his disappearing figure. I walked out of the cafe and ruffled my hair. I started to walk towards the park, where I usually go if something bothered me. I was standing in between the bridges, looking down at the colorful fish twisting their bodies while swimming and flashing the water.

Then I heard Y/n's voice. She came running towards me, and she was hiding something behind her back. She looked at me weirdly, and then I remembered that my hair was wet.

She told me to turn, and I did as she requested, but I secretly turned and peeked at her. She was hiding something behind the tree, and before she could look at me, I turned back. She took out a small towel from her pink-colored bag with a tiny piggy keychain hanging down. She tiptoed and started to dry my hair.

"Why is your hair wet? She asked me, looking suspiciously.

"It rained," I said dumbly.

"Stop fibbing. You went to see my dad right, Taehyung said to me, and I found you here when I was about to cross the park to go to your house," she said.

I kept quiet while gazing at her. If she knew that her father was upset with me, I worry about what she might say.)

Y/n: What did my dad say?

Jimin: He wants us to break up.

Y/n: Why?

Jimin: Y/n, He is worried about you and does not want you to get involved in the conflicts between myself and Eunwoo.

Y/n: Jimin, Don't worry about me. I am not scared anymore to think about those things. I felt at ease after sharing my nightmare with you. What's wrong with my dad? Let me go and have a talk with him.