33.Citrus And Lavender

(Jimin pov

"Let me take a look at what picture you are hiding behind and whom you kissed," I said, walking towards her. When I stood near her and bent to her level to grab the picture, she kept on looking at the table beside her. She yelled at me not to come, which made me even more inquisitive.

I placed my finger on her lips, and she fell silent. I cradled her cheeks with one hand and stroked her hand from fingers to shoulders with the other as I put back the strap that fell off her shoulder. She bit her lip, shut her eyes, and clutched my shoulder firmly, not even thinking about the photo she was hiding.

Seizing the opportunity. I removed the picture from her hand and opened the cabinet off the table to find my lost perfume bottle. It had a teeny bit of perfume if I remember, and it was the same. That was me in the Polaroid picture, showing off my abs by unbuttoning the shirt that I had taken when Jungkook and I went out last month to enjoy ourselves.

I looked over at her, who unfurled her eyes and shook her head from right to left as she punched the little bear next to her. She fell and nuzzled her face into the pillow.

" Jimin! Get out of my room!" she shouted at me. I got up and went out so as not to make her enraged at me.

She came out of her room wearing a white dress that hung down to her mid-thigh. Although it was short, she looked stunning. The large bow on the back enhanced her overall look as she looked beguiled.

She stood there without drying her hair. After dragging her, I made her sit on the couch and started using a towel to pat dry her damp hair strands.)

Y/n: What are you doing in my house today?

Jimin: I came to deliver you some fruits given by Grandma, and you got a letter from your little boyfriend.

Y/n: Look how cute Siwoo is! He has sent me a picture of him eating watermelon. He wrote I love you, Noona, and Jungkook Hyung. Siwoo admires Jungkook a lot.

Jimin: He forgot about me and Tae.

Y/n: Are you jealous?

Jimin: I am not jealous. I can visit your place every day if you want to kiss me, Y/n. Why do you need my picture?

Y/n: Who wants to kiss you? Forget about what you saw today.

Jimin: How am I going to forget? The way you kissed my photo and took my perfume to keep it with you showed me how much my girlfriend loves me today.

Y/n: It's your fault. Jimin, I know how busy you are. I rarely go out with you on work trips. The rest of the time, either you go by yourself or with Jungkook and Taehyung. You never text or call me and forget that you have a girlfriend. Do you realize how much I'm beginning to miss you already? I began to experience the same loneliness I had when my parents were working late at night. So, I got that picture from Jungkook so as not to miss you, and if I have trouble sleeping, I smell your perfume.

Jimin: I am so sorry about that. Sometimes I immerse myself in work and forget everything. I promise I will text you every day. Don't worry, I will make sure you will not miss me.

(Y/n pov

He pushed me onto the couch and hovered over me. He slid his hand under my waist, pulled me up, and touched his forehead with mine as he looked at me with his little crescent eyes as he smiled. He rubbed his nose on my cheeks and pecked my lips multiple times as he tickled me. I started to giggle and gave him a tight hug. I got to spend the serene summertime with the one I love, which makes it the finest. He finds ways, like this one, to make me smile.

"I want to give you a kiss," he said. He fondled my hair and laid me on the couch as he placed his plump lips on mine. I kissed him in return, pulled him closer, and sniffed his perfume as I roamed my hand on his back. His citrus and lavender perfume smells in a unique combination when he wears it, which soothes me.

He nibbled my lower lip and ran his fingers up and down on my thigh, making me squeeze his shoulders. My entire body tingled and began to heat up as my heart rate increased. I uttered his name inaudibly, "Jimin, " he gazed at me and moved away from my lips.

"I love you so much, and I will make sure you won't miss me anymore. Just you and me, we will be spending this summer happily," he whispered in my ear as he got away from me.)

Jimin: We will be spending a couple of days at Dancheong Beach.

Y/n: Don't we need to go to work tomorrow?

Jimin: I took a leave for you. Jungkook and Taehyung will take care of me when I am not around.

........

(Y/n pov

We left after a few hours and arrived at Daecheon Beach at roughly 6:45 PM. We headed for the restaurant, where we enjoyed our meal in a cozy ambiance lit by the delicate, soft glow of candles.

We had our dinner, and I went outside and took a seat on the beach while Jimin was taking a call. I felt the sand between my toes as I moved around my leg. Wispy clouds drifted in the sky as the gentle breeze caressed my skin. Jimin gave me his hand as I took hold of it, and he started pulling me along with him. We both reached the place where we were going to stay.

He gestured for me to walk up the wooden staircase, which was decorated with white rose petals strewn all over the floor and string lights hanging from the rails. I arrived at the rooftop made of clay tiles that protruded from the wood floor. It was built so that people might sit and look out to sea. I looked back, but Jimin was nowhere to be seen.

He returned a minute later, smiling at me. He stroked my back, gave me a bouquet of white roses, and hugged me. "I love you and will cherish you forever, These white roses are for our eternal, love," he said.

"I love you too, Jimin, but why are you being too romantic today?" I asked while pecking his lips.

"I am always a romantic person," he said proudly.

Looking down, I found a small glass box, and I asked him what it was. He suddenly made me sit, pulled me between his legs, and wrapped his hand around me. I laid my head back on his chest, keeping the bouquet aside, viewing the starry summer night adorned with iridescent stars. The air, thick with the scent of salt, wafted around. I closed my eyes, hearing the sound of crickets and cicadas.

He kissed my cheeks, causing me to open my eyes as he gave me a book and a baggy shirt. I took a sniff of the shirt, and it smelled like Jimin's perfume, citrus, and lavender.

"It smells like you," I stated. I flipped the pages of the book, my eyes brimmed with tears. He grasped my hand, massaged my knuckles, and placed a kiss on it.

He was staring at my fingers and seemed to be spacing out when I spotted him, he gave me the feeling that he was concealing something.)

........

Do you like the title Summer, My Best Companion? That's something I've always wanted to know.

- Shin Haari