Chapter 44

(Becca's pov)
-7pm-
I'm leaving. I want some time to myself. I just want to think. I went to McDonald's and got a yogurt parfait with French fries since I haven't eaten much, and I'm starting to feel better now. After I ate, I decided to stop by the bar. I need something to loosen me up. All this stress is making me go crazy. I entered the bar and asked for a vodka. I sat down and sighed. I'm not sure what to do about this whole situation with Justin. I mean, I'm still unsure about giving him another chance. Suddenly, I heard a familiar yet adorable laugh. I looked around to see Justin...with Selena. Why her? How did this even happen? They were both laughing and smiling, like they were having the time of their lives. I grew furious and hurt. If Justin was innocent, he sure isn't innocent now. I knew I couldn't trust him. I heard them laugh and laugh. I gulped down my drink then felt my face grow hot, and it's not from shyness. I was way past mad. Finally, I couldn't stand their laughing anymore, and I stormed over there.
"You didn't cheat on me, huh?"
I glared at both of them and crossed my arms.
"Shit, Becca? Fuck. What the hell?"
Justin looked confused and lost. He was drunk.
"You make me sick."
I shook my head then walked away.
"Wait, Becca."
Justin stumbled off his chair. What an idiot. I ran out the door on the verge of tears.
"Becca!"
Justin caught up and grabbed my arm.
"Stop! I thought I could trust you! I'm leaving, Justin. I'm going back home."
I couldn't hold back tears anymore. I pushed his hand off me.
"Becca, please don't. I swear it's not what it looks like."
Justin tried to reason, but it's not worth it.
"Bye Justin."
I walked off, not looking back.
"Dammit, Becca, don't le-"
"Justin, can we go now?"
Selena, of all people, walked out. I took this chance and ran and ran, going anywhere I could to get away.
"Woah, slow down there, babe."
A male voice grabbed me. I looked up to see Max. No. Oh, please no. I was about to scream, but he covered my mouth. I squirmed and screamed, earning a harsh slap on my cheek. Ow.
"Shut up!"
Max covered my mouth again. I bit his hand then made a run for it. I ran my heart out, hearing him behind me. I guess I wasn't paying attention, because I saw two headlights coming right at me. Before I knew it, everything disappeared.
(Justin's pov)
-11pm-
What've I done? Why did I take that first drink? How did Selena show up? I have no idea what happened. All I know is that I need to find Becca. I need to show her that I really do love her. I'm still a little drunk, and my head hurts. I don't care. I need her like I need oxygen. My phone buzzed in my pants, so I answered it.
"Justin, bro, you need to get to the hospital."
It was Ryan.
"Why?"
I have a feeling this is about Becca.
"Becca...She got hit by a car."
Ryan sounded worried. Fuck.
"I'll be there."
I already started to the hospital before I even hung up. This is all my fault. I hope Becca's ok. I really do. I'd go crazy if I lost her. I've known her all my life, and I can't just forget about her. Ryan, Chaz, and two girls were at the hospital when I arrived. There I saw Becca lying asleep. I immediately rushed to her.
"Justin, I'm glad you made i-"
"What happened? Is she ok?"
I was too worried to think of anything else besides Becca. Her face was bruised, cut, and swollen. There was a bandage on her head. Her arms had several cuts and bruises also.
"We don't know the whole story. She was running, and I guess she wasn't looking and got hit by car. She's not looking too good, but luckily, she didn't break anything."
Chaz explained. I touched her face with care and felt my throat tighten. This is my fault. All my fault. I should've not let her slip by in the first place.
"Fuck."
I wish she could trust me, like she did when we were younger. Was she running from me? Did I cause her to run into the street?
"She said that she was gonna give you another chance."
A girl with dirty blonde hair spoke. She was in Chaz's arms, so I assumed she was his girlfriend. I bet I blew my last chance with Becca. Thanks to stupid Selena. I didn't even know she was there. I was drunk.
"What's your name?"
I held my hand out for her to shake.
"Oh, I'm Mallory."
The girl shook my hand.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Justin."
I smiled as nice as I could. I looked at Ryan to see he had his girlfriend with him too. She had dark brown hair and green eyes.
"And you are..."
I greeted her as well.
"I'm Emily."
She smiled friendly.
"Nice meeting you, Emily."
I smiled back; then I heard a soft moaning and rushed to Becca.
"Baby, are you awake?"
I held her hand gently. Her swollen eyes fluttered open and searched the ceiling in misery. Suddenly, Becca gasped and sat up. Her breathing was out of control. Shit, I think she's having a panic attack.
"Becca. Calm down, baby. You're ok. Take deep breaths. Breathe."
I stood up and helped her calm down. She looked at me in fear and breathed slow and calm, but she trembled and shook a little.
"He's after me."
Becca murmured to herself. Her breathing was shaky.
"What, baby?"
Surely she wasn't talking about me. She looked at me again then irritably pushed my hands off her, wincing in the process.
"Ow, my back hurts."
She whimpered a bit.
"The doctor said that you're really bruised up and sore. You're lucky you didn't break anything."
Ryan told her. I stayed away from her, but I really want to hold her. I went ahead and moved close to her. I don't care if people are hearing me.
"Becca, I'm so sorry. First, you need to know that I never cheated on you. Chantel kissed me. All I did was walk her to the door. Secondly, I was drunk. It's barely wearing off now. I didn't know Selena was there. I really didn't. I feel like shit without you, baby. I had to cancel a concert for you. Is that bad enough? Becca, I really love you. Please give me another chance."
I held her hands as I spoke.
"What do you want me to say, Justin?"
Becca looked at me for an answer.
"I want you to love me. Give me a chance here, Becca."
I told her.
"I can't trust you."
She shook her head.
"Why not?"
I gotta say that this hurts.
"Why do you think?"
She shot back. I thought about when I first cheated on her with Selena.
"You're still on this?"
I thought she forgave me.
"Well, it still hurts."
She sounded sad. Dammit.
"Becca, there's gonna be people who say and do things to break us apart. You can't be so quick to believe everything you see and hear. I hear negativity about us everyday, but I still trust you. Why can't you trust me?"
I couldn't help but give her a look of hurt, because I gave her so much and she can't even give me her trust.
"I'm sorry, Justin. I guess I'm just not good enough for you."
Becca's eyes were tearing up.
"Hey, I never said that, baby."
I reached for her face.

(A/N: Still waiting for the music video. I'm getting impatient af😁😁😁 Next post is on Sunday.)

🌾 Vote 🌾