1.

(Jagadita)

"Again?"

"Again," I answered while stirring the plastic cup I brought with me. The green logo with the mermaid character is enough to explain where I and my friend spend our time after work. One of these famous coffee shops is in the same building as the hospital where we work in Semanggi.

Wimar couldn't hold back his laughter when someone mistook me for a female doctor for the umpteenth time.

"But really, if the patient doesn't do research first, they'll think you're a woman. Well, not all of them, but most likely." Wimar added. "Plus, you're a surgical oncologist, and you treat a lot of breast cancer patients."

I nodded. Actually, there was nothing wrong with it. But the name that sticks with me likes to misunderstand people.

Jagadita Andaru.

The name my late mother gave me. The name means 'welfare of the world'. The prayer that my mother left for me so that I could be a prosperous person.

Wimar is one of the witnesses who knows that many people mistake my gender because of my name.

Wimar Adiwangsa.

The first child of Prabu Adiwangsa. The owner of one of the largest medical device companies in Indonesia. Wimar used to be my junior when we were both medical students at a well-known university in Surabaya. Before we split up to study abroad and focus on our respective specialists, I was a specialist in oncology surgery, and Wimar was a general surgeon.

"Jendra dimana ya?" Wimar muttered while struggling with his cell phone before sipping his coffee.

I glanced at my watch for a while and said, "Jemput Kak Haira?"

Wimar snapped his fingers. Acknowledge my words and nod.

Apart from Wimar, another friend of mine wasJendra.

Rajendra Dinata.

Son of Mahesa Dinata. The owner of a well-known pharmaceutical distribution. My classmate from medical school. I remember how I cried with him almost every day because we thought we couldn't afford to go to medical school anymore. But we have survived and have not died from stress. He is one of the best pediatric cardiac surgeons, though.

Luckily.

"Wimaar, Jagaad. Sorry, lama nunggu ya?"

"Hey guys, sorry it took so long. Haira had to take care of something at the foundation."

I nodded and greeted Jendra and his girlfriend, Kak Haira. The reason Wimar and I called her "kak" was that she is four years older than me and Jendra. This means that it is five years older than Wimar's.

Haira Darmana.

The only child of Ayu Andayani Darmana and Danu Darmana, a famous Indonesian philanthropic couple, and one of the shareholders in my family's foundation.

Haira followed in her mother's footsteps and inherited company management skills from her father, who was also a businessman. This is why she plays a significant role in the foundation.

Jendra and her are mostly like an arranged couple? I think. However, they seem to be fine with it. They are genuinely happy. Even though they are four years apart, Jendra does not have a problem. Simply put, he likes older women. And Haira herself is enough to make men and women simp over her.

She's so cool. Indeed.

"Agni isn't with you, is she?" Wimar asked while adjusting the position of his glasses.

"Nope." I tilted my head slightly before finishing my coffee. "Agni lagi sama mama,"

Wimar frowned. "Why didn't she tell me?" He hastily did something on his cellphone, or most likely, he sent a message to Agni to ask about her whereabouts.

Agnibrata Soetopo Andaru.

Yup. She was my little sister. To be precise, my stepsister. My father remarried five years after my mother passed away. Maybe when I was 13, and at that time, Agni was around nine years old.

Wimar and Agni are dating. Their relationship was accidental because Wimar helped Agni when she was in medical school.

When I graduated, Agni was just a freshman, and Wimar was the only person she knew at that time. So they weredating. Just like Javanese people said, 'witing tresno jalanan soko kulino'

If you were curious why Agni got my family's last name, it was because my father loves her so much. Many people said that my stepmother took the opportunity because my father, Linardi Andaru, was one of the best neurosurgeons, doctors, and businessmen in Indonesia. It was not wrong to label him as an old money conglomerate. However, my stepmother's story was completely wrong.

She came from a family of respected generals in Indonesia. One of the best general cardiothoracic surgeons in Indonesia and one of the people who supported me in becoming a doctor. Being her stepson was definitely the most grateful thing that had happened in my life.

Asmara Soetopo Andaru.

Mama Mara. That was how I called her.

"Don't you know that Mas Jagad was mistaken for a female doctor again?" Wimar spoke while holding back his laughter. This problem has always been a topic of discussion in our small circles.

Frankly speaking, I even knew Jendra from elementary school, and Wimar always came to our family's events. Therefore, we have naturally known each other since we were kids.

"Lagi?" Haira emphasizes her question while putting her long, jet-black hair in a ponytail, complete with her giggle.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry because I laughed. But I swear, every time I hear this story, it is always funny to me. But apart from all that, Jagad is a cool doctor. That's why I want to introduce you to my friend."

I knitted my eyebrows. "Introduce?"

"Oh, it's not what you think it is. She found a lump in her breast. For this reason, I want to introduce you to her. As a doctor, I mean." Haira hastily corrected her words, as she felt my discomfort when I heard that she wanted to introduce me to her friend.

It was not that I did not want to date or meet new people. But with all the privileges and the name 'Andaru' attached to me, everything could be artificial for me.

"Just tell her about my schedule, Kak."

Haira nodded. "She should be here today, but she didn't tell me anything." She was busy with her cellphone. Perhaps she wanted to make sure to tell her friend. "She's the one I asked for to take care of the promotion and awareness of the foundation, Gad. Do you remember?"

I mouthed an 'ouwh' before nodding. "Sure, I will give her the best treatment."

If you thought about why I chose to become a surgical oncologist, one of the reasons was because my late mother died of cancer. And becoming a surgical oncologist was one way to continue the legacy of her struggle.

Well, hopefully.