28.

— TW // Family Issue
— TW // Mentioning mental disorder

*****

"Mas Jagad is moving to an apartment. I wonder why." Agni rolled up the spaghetti she ordered with a fork before stuffing it into her mouth.

When Agni said that, I abruptly froze as I was typing notes for the Andaru Foundation relaunch event. I wanted to run into a cave.

"Maybe he wants to be close to Semanggi, dek." Haira answered nonchalantly.

"Most likely, considering that Mas Jagad's schedule now always begins in the morning in Semanggi."

"Indeed, his schedule is mostly morning to evening." Bria added. She was lined up as one of the representatives of the shareholders of the Andaru Foundation; that was why she was here with us.

I carefully put my pen down.

"Guys."

"Yes, Mbak?" Agni looked at me after finishing her chew. "Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?"

I played with my fingers. "I have something I want to tell you."

The three women immediately put down their food and turned to look at me.

"How would you respond if someone requested that you not fall in love with them right away after they admitted their feelings to you? He even said that the relationship could be built slowly."

"Hah?" Haira quickly set her cutlery down. "Is it about you?"

I nodded.

"Someone confessed to you, Mbak?" Bria added.

"Yes." My answer made the three women in front of me sigh in response, seeming both dissatisfied and curious at the same time. "He said it's okay if I can't love him too."

"Wow, crazy." Agni muttered in frustration. "Someone has already confessed to Mbak Andra. He shatters all of my plans."

I frowned. "What plan?"

"We'd like to set you up with Mas Jagad." She added.

I suddenly sat up straight before gulping hard. My fingers were busy twirling one another.

"Actually, Dr. Jagad was the one who confessed to me."

Their eyes were rounded.

"Then he moved to the apartment because of me too."

"Gimana Mbak?!" Bria screamed because she was too shocked.

"Dr. Jagad asked me to live with him."

"HAH?!"

*****

"Agni scolded me earlier."

"Why?" I saw the tired look on the face next to mine.

The fragrance of wood and spices wafting in the living room of this apartment made Champagne and Wine feel at home while sleeping by the window. I also didn't know when there was such a big cat tree there. And they looked comfortable.

"She said I was evil for not telling her if I invited you to stay temporarily in my apartment." He chuckled softly.

I chuckled. "Are you having fun in the hospital?"

He nodded.

"You look tired. It seems like you have a lot up your sleeve."

"I'm working a lot though; I feel like I'm back to my residency days when I assisted in every surgery I could."