10.

"Please be honest with me, Ra."

Haira raised her eyebrows. Munching her food and looking at me.

"What?"

"Why is one of your friends acting so 'ajaib'?"

"Who?"

I roughly threw my back down on the couch.

"Jagadita Andaru."

"What's wrong with Jagad?"

"He came to my office last night," I remarked, flashing a stern look at my best friend. "Bring his car, which I'm sure is the Maybach S 560."

"So..?"

"He came just to say that his car is no longer the same as Padma's car!" I half-squeaked about what happened to me just last night.

Haira was shocked for a split second before making an 'O' with her mouth. "No wonder he said he wanted to use another car; I also just remembered that Padma used an M8 Coupe." She paused. "Did you mention Padma to him, An?"

I nodded. "I said it implicitly, though. But I'm just kidding, Ra. The problem is that when he stopped by the office, he came in an M8 Coupe, and the staff thought I was still dating Padma."

Haira nodded back. As if she understood me before returning to continue to chew her lunch with me today. "You know, once, Jagad had a crush on a girl named Juwita Aswanta. Tipikal cewe-cewe yang ikutan ajang miss-miss an gitu deh. One of the most famous girls in the conglomerate circle."

"Then?"

"Jagad is the type who really, really listens to other people." Haira put emphasis on every word she said. "He will attempt to change after whatever he does doesn't meet the expectations of those around him."

I frowned. "Then what does this thing have to do with Juwita?"

"When Jagad first approached her, Wita would have become upset if Jagad's actions had not complied with her wishes. I didn't say he was attempting to approach you, An; I just said that he was doing his best to live up to your expectations."

"Yes, I wasn't thinking about it or had any intent of doing so, Ra." I drew a heavy breath. "I just can't stop thinking about that car. "It is expensive."

"He sold his car, the M8 one."

"Hah?" I stuttered. "How?"

"Though the M8 one costs more than his current Maybach, that car has been used for a while. Jadi, ya dia kayak tukar tambah gitu. He won't keep that car."

My mind was going numb.

"Why is he acting like that, Ra?" I screamed in disbelief.

"That's just how Jagad is, An. He is the kind of person who just cares about the happiness of others around him. He'll thus give his utmost. I hope you understand."

"Ra." I looked at her with disbelief. "I am nobody to him."

"Then what do you think his patient has to do with him, An? He continues to make an effort to meet all of his patients' expectations while paying attention to their struggles and pain. I am aware that doctors shouldn't act in such a manner, but they are also humans."

I was unable to respond to Haira's remarks. Despite the fact that Jagad had nothing to do with them, I vividly remembered what Jagad mentioned a few days ago. How he still listened to his patients, even though it drained his energy.

"And unfortunately, despite having a perpetually stiff expression, he is a typical person like that."

I lost my word, and I was sure my face mirrored all my emotions.

"Hey, why are you guys so serious?"

I looked up and saw Jendra sitting beside Haira before kissing her cheek briefly.

"Nggak usah pamer kemesraan."

"Makanya cari pacar." Jendra sneered while pouting his lips. "Eh, I heard Jagad swap out his car, huh? He said it's because you told him that his car resembles your ex's car."

"Is it something normal for you guys?"

Jendra nodded as he called the waiter to place an order. "Jagad ya begitu."

I roughly rubbed my face. "Does he treat everyone like that? Or just to those who know him well?"

"Mostly to everyone. Not all of them, tapi ya gitu lah."

I finished my glass and threw it forcefully on the table. "Don't the girls get the wrong idea about him?"

The two people in front of me looked at me strangely.

"Have you ever seen him friendly with girls? Orang dia kaya kanebo kering gitu." Jendra added it while selecting some of the menus he wanted. "How was your date? Gue denger kalian dijodoh-jodohin sama si Oom ya?"

I shrugged. "The date was fun. He knew so much about menus that I didn't even know what they were. And his taste in music was the same as mine."

I went on about everything I did on my prior date with Jagad. "Anyway, we're going to the movies tomorrow. I'll just pick him up at the hospital."

"What?"

"We're going to see a movie."

"You and Jagad?" Jendra pointed at me with a look of disbelief.

I nodded. Perplexed by their reaction. "Yes, why?"

"Jagad doesn't like going to the movies, An." Haira tacked on. Trying to determine if I'm lying by looking at my face.

"But he said yes."

Jendra was clearly giving me an odd look. Didn't believe everything I was saying before eating a piece of chicken from Haira's plate. "Whoaah.. Jagad? Going to the movies?" He looked at me again with a playful look. "Good luck."

"Why doesn't he like going to the movies?"

Jendra shrugged. "He doesn't like it. Maybe he is bored. We're not really sure."

Haira agreed with Jendra's words. She said that Jagad almost never joined their schedule of going to the movies. At first, they thought it was because he didn't have a girlfriend, so he was too lazy to go out with them. But it turned out that when Wimar and Jendra asked only the three of them to watch it too, he always refused.

I wondered why he didn't want to go to the movies.

Jagadita Andaru
Should I wear something formal tomorrow?
12.35

"Oh, speaking of the devil."

"Who?"

"Dr. Jagad."

"Eyy, he's younger than you. You can call his name." Jendra waved his hand in disgust. I knew he acted that way because I liked to make fun of him for being younger than Haira and me.

I scrunched up my face and smiled slightly. "I prefer to call him doctor."

Me
You can wear whatever you want
12.37

Jagadita Andaru
What will you wear tomorrow?
12.37

Me
Clothes?
13.38

Jagadita Andaru
You have terrible joke
13.38

I suddenly recalled Haira's words, wherein Jagad perpetually tried to fulfill the expectations of those around him without being asked. Thus, I typed and then deleted some of the words I had put together in the message I was going to write for him. I wanted him to understand that sometimes it's good to fall short of others' expectations.

Me
It makes no difference what you're wearing.
And it doesn't matter if your attire contrasts with mine as long as you feel comfortable and at ease with your appearance.
Besides, you always look cool.
13.40

Me
I really mean it.
13.40