19.

The streets in Senopati were a little bit crowded tonight. We had been snarled in traffic for about 20 minutes now, accompanied by songs that were randomly played on the radio.

"Why are you there?"

"I just finished having meetings with investors." He answered quietly while stepping on his gas pedal slowly. "Why are you there?"

I shrugged. "Meet my ex."

I could see him tightening his grip on the steering wheel. At first glance, I noticed that his hair, which was neatly combed back, was much tidier when he was in practice at the hospital. His maroon shirt emits a seductive scent. Cedarwood? musk? Amber? Mimosas? I couldn't describe the woody and spicy smell that mingled with his body.

"Why did you meet him?"

I tilted my head. Looking at his face, he was staring straight at the street in front of us. "Because he said he had something important to say."

"Next time, you don't need to come, whatever his business is." He appeared agitated before grabbing his phone and checking maps. "It's stuck; how come it doesn't move at all?"

"Doctor, I'll just get off here; I can take an ojek if there's really a traffic jam."

He raised his eyebrows as he turned to face me. "Why must you ride an ojek?"

"Because of the traffic jams?"

"Giandra, it's already late, and I'm worried that it will rain when you take the ojek. Look, there's been lightning." He said as he pointed at the sky outside.

"Doctor, are you angry about the traffic if you're stuck in it like this?"

He frowned. "Why should I be annoyed? Is the traffic jam over if I get angry?"

I really feel cursed.

My fingers were occupied with my phone's screen when I got the answer to my basic question just now. I was forced to be stuck at one of the crossroads with Dr. Jagad.

Why did I say I was really cursed? Because I always met with him whenever I had a problem. And he appeared like a superhero.

I sighed softly.

"Doctor, may I play my playlist?" He nodded but kept his eyes on the road, where we don't know when the jam will finish.

Before pressing the play button on my cell phone, I prayed that the traffic jam would clear up quickly. However, I had the impression that my hope had been shattered into pieces by the unexpected downpour of rain.

"You see, it's raining."

I laughed a little while listening to the songs playing on the car speakers.

'Step in; you can step right in any time you like.'

I was hoping my ears were deceiving me when a faint voice followed the song I just played.

'Holding a rose to the end of a gun Trying to do it alone. Ooh, ooh..'

Hell. I didn't know anyone else who heard this song too. Satya always protested when I played my playlist. He said it was boring and sleepy. Simply put, it was not suitable for driving.

'No chocolate cover candy hearts to giveaway.'

Second song, and it was going strong.

I began to bite the tips of my nails because I was anxious. I purposely let that guy enjoyed every song on my playlist and wouldn't bother to ask how he could be so familiar with the songs because, from the lowness of his voice, it seemed like he was deliberately enjoying the song for himself.