41. [M]

— CW // Mature and explicit content, vaginal fingering, NSFW
— TW // sleeping disorder, medicine

*****

(Jagadita)

"Why didn't you tell me you met Dr. Lika again?" I pulled on my handbrake before unlocking Giandra's seatbelt. She had just woken up from sleep. The long drive from Jakarta to BSD gave her time to sleep in my car.

"I want to tell you, but I haven't had the time." She looked at me with sleepy eyes.

"What are you being prescribed?"

"It's Ativan as usual because she knows that if there are too many problems, I must have trouble sleeping."

I knit my eyebrows. "What kinds of trouble?"

"I'll tell you when I arrive at my unit, OK?" She yawned again before opening my car door and walking down the driveway. I was not sure what her difficulty was, but I hoped she could tell me in detail so I could help her.

I took off my seat belt before getting out of the car and saw Giandra leaning against my car with half-closed eyes.

"Come on up." I supported her limp body.

"Uh, the elevator here is currently undergoing maintenance; we'll have to go down the outside stairs first to get to the lobby and then take the elevator from there." She told me while yawning again.

The apartment where Giandra lives has a building that is quite unique. A big tree is growing in the center of the lobby. And, as of now, there are stairs leading down from the parking lot to the lobby terrace. There are various convenience stores and eateries on either side.

"Sorry, I was totally zoned out." She spoke slowly.

"Do you think you need more sleep?"

"Hmm. That might be it."

"You should get some sleep once you get back to your apartment."

She nodded as she continued down the steps in front of her. The atmosphere that afternoon was quite lively, with several people hanging out at the cafe or just shopping at the convenience store. Several people also walked towards the parking lot through the stairs. Perhaps it's because the elevator is broken.

"Yeah, I haven't gotten enough sleep in a while."

"Wh—,"

"Mas."

"Ya?" I turned to face the voice that had called me and stopped where I stood. My hand was still holding Giandra's hand as she walked slowly down the stairs.

"Ini e-toll nya mas?"

"Oh, bukan."

"Eh bukan ya? Kayanya tadi jatuh di deket kaki mas."

"Buk—,"

Before I could finish my sentence, I felt Giandra's hand as if it were forcibly released from my grip. I saw her stagger, losing her balance where she stood.

My mind went blank for a split second when I saw her body float, almost falling, before I turned around and tried to grab her arm.

I could feel my hands clutching her arms fiercely to keep her from falling. Reached for the iron handrail along the stairs and felt my body being pulled down with Giandra's before stopping our fall and slamming my shoulder on the wall where the stair handrail was to keep her body from falling right on top of me.