50.

— TW // Mentioning divorce

*****

My head hurt when I opened my eyes this morning. I checked my phone and saw that it was nearly 10 o'clock. I stretched before noticing the bed next to me was empty, and I smelled the scent of cooking. I grabbed my robe and wore it for a while before stepping out and seeing Jagad preparing breakfast in the kitchen.

"Good morning." I cleared my throat while sitting on the side of the counter and saw him slicing chicken meat. "Good morning." I repeated my greeting.

"I can't forgive you yet, okay?" He answered dryly before pouring the chicken meat into the melted butter in a non-stick frying pan perched on the stove.

I frowned.

"After what you did last night, you still can't forgive me?"

"We had sex because I love you, but I'm still not ready to forgive you. It should not be used as an expression of forgiveness." He asked while cooking the chicken he had just stir-fried. "Will you be fine if I kiss another girl?"

"Why do you ask?"

"We have to be apples to apples, right?" He turned off the heat before ladling the chicken over the mashed potatoes on a platter. "Have breakfast first."

I pursed my lips. "I'm not sure whether I should be angry or not if you kiss another girl."

"Yes, because we're not in a relationship." Jagad cut me off and shoved a scoop of mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"Gad!"

"You can choose not to live here anymore if you want." He went on to say, "Your father won't bother you anyway."

My mouth was halfway open. "Gad seriously?"

He slammed his empty plate into the sink. Maybe it was almost like throwing.

"Jagad." I slid out of my chair and approached him. "Are you really still angry?"

He clenched his teeth before quickly washing his hands and striding away from me.

"Later, Gi. Later." I couldn't figure out what he was thinking when he looked at me. "Don't let me vent my rage any longer."

He had an angry expression on his face and appeared to be scary. But he attempted to contain his rage, which might explode at any time.

"I'll work first." He said it briefly, leaving me frozen in place.

"Jagad." I called him, gathering all my consciousness again to run towards him.

"Not now, Giandra. Please." He attempted to hold back his anger and keep his composure.

"Sorry, Gad.." I pleaded. "I really don't mean to."

"JUST STOP!" He came to a halt at the shoe rack and looked me in the eyes. "How many times have I told you, Gi, that we'll talk about it later? I'm trying hard not to be angry with you. Please give me a little breathing space and time."

"Gad, I.."

"Don't talk anymore." He let out a sigh. "I'll return to my house tonight; don't bother waiting for me."

"What?"

"Imagining you being kissed and possibly touched by him last night knocked me speechless."

"But he didn't even come close to touching me!"

"Please stop it, Gi." He begged me.

"Why don't you want to... Why are you hurting me?" I almost didn't know what to say in response to him.