40.

— TW // Mentioning mental disorder

*****

I let out a long yawn and wiped away the tears that were coming from the corners of my eyes. Making Jagad look at me curiously.

"You appear to be very sleepy." He gently stroked my cheek, wiping away the traces of tears that remained there. "Do you have any overtime work?"

I shook my head.

I couldn't tell Jagad how my father came to my apartment every night and banged on the door. Until I switched off all the lights in the apartment, making it impossible for him to see if anyone was there.

"Would you like to go back? I'll inform the others later."

"No, it's Agni's birthday; I want to congratulate her."

"But you look really sleepy, Giandra."

I grinned and shook my head once more. "It's okay."

"Jagad, but really, I think we'd better stop by Plaza Indonesia first to buy clothes." I gently pinched the man next to me, which made him wince in pain. I didn't think it really hurt, either.

"Ih kenapa, Mbak? Cantik kok bajunya," Agni immediately hugged me. "I mean, you make the dress look fine, so it's useless if you change clothes but the person is fals, the clothes are still fals, but if the person is cute, whatever clothes you want to wear are still beautiful."

I saw Agni, who was making a fuss before finally commenting, "What are fals people like?"

"Ih pokoknya yang mau pakai baju mahal aja tetep nggak cocok!" Agni added, of course, with an expression that was too funny and made me laugh at her comments.

"An, you look tired." Haira, who had just come, briefly hugged me before staring at my face. "Isn't it difficult to work in the office without Satya?"

I nod. It was tough for me to tell Haira about my father, who was behaving horribly again, despite the fact that she knew how he had been behaving since we were in college together. But it was Agni's special day today, and I didn't want to ruin it. To be honest, the tiredness in my eyes was brutally excruciating. The atmosphere of one of the restaurants in the Plaza Office Tower also adds to the feeling of drowsiness that had been hitting me earlier.

"Maaf ya Mbak, I invited you suddenly. You don't have any other plans, right?" Agni looked at me while opening the menu she was holding and showed it to Wimar, who was busy tidying up the bangs of the girl sitting next to him.

"Ah, it's okay; happy birthday, by the way." I grinned as I held out a lovingly wrapped gift box. "A gift from both me and Jagad."

Agni, Wimar, Haira, and Jendra glanced at me and Jagad in turn.

"From you two?" Jendra said what he had just heard again. "What did I miss?" He glanced at us with wide eyes.

"Nggak ada." Jagad answered with a sweet smile before he took a sip of his tea.

I also smiled when I heard his answer. Indeed, nothing happened after we expressed our feelings to each other. We just lived with what we had now.

I yawned again while watching Jagad being bombarded with all kinds of questions from Jendra and Haira. Agni had even planned to phone her mother, who had been abruptly barred by Wimar. He said that her mother would ask Jagad to marry me as soon as she learned of our relationship.

"Do you want a cup of coffee?" Jagad stared at me with concern.

I nodded and agreed to his offer, which made him have to walk to the counter because several waiters looked busy. No wonder it was lunchtime.