16.

(Giandra)

"Sat, what do you think?"

"What?"

"Do you think I'm cool enough?"

"Mbak."

"Hmm?"

"You simply want to meet Dr. Jagad, but you act like you want to meet Pak Jokowi."

"The management of the Andaru foundation, not just Dr. Jagad." I was correcting Satya's words.

He snorted. "Yes, you won't be like this if Dr. Jagad doesn't come, too. It's alright, Mbak. Just admit it if you have a crush on him."

"This is what I call respect, Sat."

"My ass."

I took another glance in the mirror, hoping he wouldn't try to infer anything fundamentally psychological or symbolic from the fact that I was dressed in such an unusual—for some people—way. There were just two guidelines in terms of my sense of style, according to my co-workers. It was either classy or sexy. Nothing existed in between.

I knew it sounded strange, but even after meeting Dr. Jagad countless times, I still felt uneasy when we reconnected at our hundredth meeting. I believed the attire I previously wore still appeared normal (?)—shirts, suits, not too odd, right? But I foolishly wore my long dress that reached my ankles today. The dress that co-workers at the office keep referring to as a princess dress was so long and wide. I felt like I wanted to order new clothes from e-commerce and have them delivered instantly. However, that seemed even more foolish. So here I checked on myself many times, convincing myself that I didn't look weird.

I heard a knock on my door when we saw our co-workers at the front of the room. He informed us that the management of the Andaru Foundation had arrived at our office and was already waiting in the meeting room.

As we came down to the meeting room, I could see that Jendra was chatting with Haira while Wimar was chatting with Agni and Dr. Jagad.

I gulped.

He was dressed in a simple black shirt with matching pants. His slender frame appeared lean in his attire today.

I let out my breath slowly.

It felt incredibly bizarre when you didn't have any special feelings for people, but their mere presence made you feel weird. Was this what you meant by being amazed?

"Hi." I greeted them one by one before sitting down in a vacant area, inspecting the clothes I was wearing multiple times, and repeatedly telling myself I didn't seem weird.

"Mbak. Please stop it." Satya chastised me while slouchingly rolling his eyes.

"What's the matter, Sat?" Haira looked at us with curious eyes.

"She's been feeling strange with her clothes. Despite the fact that she frequently donned these outfits, temen lo nih, Kak! I'm not sure why she's actually acting in this manner." Satya grumbled before taking a sip of his coffee.

Haira frowned and gave me a strange look before advising me in her usual manner. "Yeah, An, everything looks normal anyway."

You did indeed see what you had not seen in a long time anyway!

I hope my two best friends just kept their mouths shut instead of making me stand out even more with their nagging.

"What's wrong with the clothes?" Agni looked at me, confused. "The clothes are lovely, just like a princess." She added.