27.

"You what?!"

"Slept with Dr. Jagad."

"Slept like sleep?" Satya looked at me with a shocked look. He couldn't believe what I just said. "Mbak, lu gila ya?"

"I am." I answered slowly. "KURANG GILA APA SIH GUE SATYA!!??" I screamed while kicking the sofa on which I was reclining.

"Regardless of how he saved you from your father, I swear, you guys are super crazy."

"And he said he loves me."

"HAH?!" Satya raised his voice one decibel. "Mbak, seriously?" He sat cross-legged next to me while holding Champagne, my cat, who looked uncomfortable in Satya's arms.

I purposely brought my two cats, Champagne and Wine, who were sleeping at my feet, to the office because I had to get them out of my apartment and bring them to Dr. Jagad's apartment later this afternoon. You read it correctly—I brought my cat with me to his place because I'll be staying there temporarily. He was concerned that my father might come back and act out as he did yesterday.

Satya was still bombarding me with nonsense questions when I felt a soft buzz from my phone.

Jagadita Andaru
What do you want to eat?
10.38

"You! You! You!" Satya purses his mouth as he peeks at the text messages coming to my phone.

"GUE GEBUK YA LU!!"

Me
I just ate bubur ayam.
10.38

Jagadita Andaru
I mean later, when you arrive at my place.
10.39

I woke up choking while reading the chat.

Me
Ini bahkan belum jam 11?
10.39

Jagadita Andaru
Memang nggak boleh tanya? 😮
10.39

I swallowed a smile when I read the message that just came in. Satya looked at me and shuddered. I didn't usually act like that when I was chatting with people.

MeI have a place in mind, but do you have a plan already?10.39Jagadita AndaruEmang kamu mau kemana?I am fine with anything.10.40MeI'll tell you later about the details.Pick me up at 5?Eh, kamu selesai jam berapa?10.40Jagadita AndaruSus 🤨10.40

'JAGADITA ANDARU, STOP USING EMOJI!! It's so cute. I can't!'

Jagadita AndaruBut yes, I'll pick you up at 5.11.40

"Mbak."

"Yes?"

"Lu serem cengar cengir sendiri."

*****

"Giandra Argani."

"Yes?" I turned around and looked with innocent eyes at the man in front of me. The scarf that I casually tied to my head began to sag. I snapped my tongue in annoyance and quickly knotted it again, ignoring him, who was still dumbfounded when we both arrived at our dinner place this time.

"You really.." He was lost for words when he saw me again.

When we arrived at the place I wanted to go to, I remember Jagad being silent for a very long time because, to be honest, the place we went to tonight didn't have parking for cars, so he had to swerve to find another parking space, which, fortunately, was assisted by a tukang parkir at a fast food restaurant around there.

I invited him to eat at a place perched by the river with the sign "Rawon Daging Arjuna khas Jawa Timur" on the tent.

The stall had just opened, judging by how busy the waiter was setting up the table and cart.