CHAPTER 16- THE MEMORY

A L E X

I was unable to sleep, I'm still overthinking. I left the room carrying the bunny with me and peeped out and inhaled the strong smell of brew and newly fresh bake bread. My scouts are outside, guarding the loads. I went to the bartender and sat down and order some finest wine they have. I flinched as I heard someone is growling beside me, I can feel his warm breath. I slowly turned my shoulder and grin, ear to ear. A face of guilt after getting caught. His nostrils flares. And those eyes are blazing in fire "Don't tell me you drink?!" His growling deep inside. Help!

"Well..." sa mundo ko yes. Beer pa nga e. Does a princess allowed to get some? "Can I get some..." The man handed me the wine but before I could taste it's lusciousness he snatch it out of my hand drank it at once and then snatch me from my seat carrying me like a kitten.

He dragged me back to my room and he pin my head on my pillow I tried to swat his hands away but my soul left my body after he withdraw his sword at me, nearly killing me "Sleep! I can't bring you to my Empress when your drunk"

"Just a snitch naman... Okay di na" di pa ako natapos ng samaan niya ako ng tingin at tinulak ang ulo ko at binalot ako sa kumot na parang lumpia. His standing beside the bed, crossing his arms above his chest, looking at me and It's uncomfortable. I move a little bit far from him and pressed my eyes close... I heard him humming and take it back and rush out, aww shy baby

𝐻𝑒𝑦

𝐻𝑒𝑦

" Hey, Alex it's been a while..."

       A familiar voice was heard in the middle of nowhere and that made me stop and go back to the time that I was in the edge of insecurities. I rooted on my spot having a flashback in an instant; coming back to hunts me. His voice were ringing in my ears like a knives that keeps stabbing me for countless times. His voice were deafening. The memories are left somewhere behind my brain yet the pain still hurt like it just happen yesterday. A voice that keeps me wondering why, why?

         It's been years already since I  officially broke up with him. It hurts but not like the first time. Terror creep my entire humanity in doubt.  Seeing him from a few meters away, walking towards me and I slowly walked back. Avoid the toxicity of the air.

"Nathan" my voice were calm but there's a hint of hatred in it.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing much better, I'm busy, I need to rushed back" I said and turn my back

"Can we start again?" His voice makes me shivered, bones rattling and feel like a lightning strike me.

         I leaned on him, he look despondent, I laughed because he crashed my entire soul like he buried me alive, I couldn't give empathy anymore. Maybe my chest had enough "Wag mo sabihin palpak ang pinagpalit mo. Deserve" it was like I mocked him. "I give my all to you, I lost everything, I lose a friend, I choose you, it's always you I was diehard. I worked my butt off. I couldn't even provide myself because I was In love, i almost loose my mind, you were everything to me Nathan and you took advantage of me. Do you think for a simple sorry would heal a broken glass? Hindi Diba? If only you took care of me just as I did back then, you'll never come back empty handed. I thought that day I found my Romeo but I was never your Juliet. And it's okay I learned that loving too much will turn to curse, a butterfly in a stomach is just nothing but poison"

"I was a fool"

"Oh you know now?" He walked towards me again and I stop him "stay where you are"

"Will you gave me second chance? Promise I'll make it up to you. You misunderstood the situation"