CHAPTER 51- EARLIER THAT DAY II

LUNA CREST

Before wandering alone on the empty street a gasped of wind left in my ears and I look back and saw a shadow from a distance is walking directly on my hiding place. It's footstep are clicking on the cement. But it just faded like I just fell on the void. I waited a few seconds before peering behind the wall.

The street is now empty. I looked around puzzled. Maybe he went straight to the alley. Di ko man lang namalayan ang pagkawala nito. I became alarmed and waited patiently, standing beside the hut. The light from the post lamps didn't reach my spot.

I heard a footsteps coming again on the same road. Like it was a deja Vu. I open my arms to snatch that person and yet the sound stop again. Twice. I became curious I want to see who or what it was but I heard a creaking sound of door. Squeaking like a mouse that have been snap by the trap.

I took a peeped and the door was left open. I had a bad feeling and I look inside and heard a scream from upstairs. I rushed because those voices are voices of a person who meets a murderer. I didn't hesitated. Ang pumasok nalang sa isip ko ay mailigtas ang taong iyon.

I unsheathed my sword and stop at the door that were left half opened and saw a shadow inside and a woman is lying on the floor, gasping for air and she's bathing on her own blood. I slashed him without a second thought and he faded like an ashes. Living a strand of hair and fell on her blood.

"S-save my child" she tries to talked , her voice was lifeless and I rushed to find her daughter and I saw a shadow past the hall and I sneaked to attacked him but I was surprised to see a man grabbing a headless child. Body were lying beside him, holding her teddy bear and now stained with her blood. Anger rose on me and I lost my temper. And hit them until they lied on the cold floor. But I never felt satisfied. I couldn't look at the poor child's body beside me. I was in rage of disappointment and regrets. I couldn't save her child. I kneel down, soaked on her blood and I raised her on my hand. Sorry wouldn't help. I'm so stupid!! I couldn't save you. I know it's none of my business, she's not a friend of a family of mine but she still have her future but a demon stole her dreams away. I couldn't forgive a soul.

My heart was in race as I heard a scream of witnessing their love ones have been murdered. I can't stay here. I'll be framed for the  crime I didn't commit. Mabilis akong umalis at sumilip sa kanto at dinig ko ang pagkataranta ng mga kapitbahay sa sigaw ng mga tao sa bahay ng biktima. Umalis na ako. I blame myself for not reaching on time.

"I summoned you" whisper slips my mouth. And they jump down from the roof bend on one knee. Their appearance was obscured. Only their eyes can be seen all of that they were completely embodied the shadow itself. Blend in the dark.

"You call"

"My lord what has happen to you?"

"The culprit is around I want all of you to captured every last one of them. I will be here in three days time. Protect the people on ever house hold that's an order"

"Aye "

"The culprit has a red mark on their left shoulders. Magkapareho sila ng mga lunarian. Report to me until I get back.. you are dismissed" I said and they disappeared like a blink of an eye. I went back to the palace. I successfully enter the halls. I pushed myself to walked upstairs to see the Grand duchess and someone came out and that makes my her screamed and fall back in shocked.

"Murderer!"

"No, pearl listen to me.." I said to calm her down, the terrors are visible on every part of her being.
She walked back but she can't uttered a word like her voice was locked in terror.

"What are you doing at this hour alone?"

"Who are you?"natakot siya at umaatras parin

"Pearl it's me"