CHAPTER 57- FESTIVAL

A L E X

A piercing screamed their heart at the same time. Witnessing something dreadful that would end the population of Estheria. The workers almost burst into tears. They turn their backs and blame the Earl for his undoing, these bombs are enough to collapse the entire city.

What is she thinking? She's gone mad for killing a large number of my people. That woman!

"How could you do this to your own people! How could you!!" They bellowed but he just laughed, like he was possessed by some demons. His out of his mind. Grinning like his proud of his crime like a serial killer, satisfied with the looks of their prey cornered. I can tell his no mere human anymore. And he was just covering his identity with a mask.

"We need to remove this all at once. One by one" My heart is at race glancing the numbers of bombs inside, filling the place.

"I-it's impossible your highness" said the waitresses

"Take your pick, leave these here and let the Esther town will be vanished and buried to the ground together with your love ones" those words are enough for them to shut their demands and complains and any other reasons " Or carry this out so we can save them, your friends, families, colleagues are up there, they're walking on the bomb! This is no time to loose let's drag em away"

"Your highness let me call the towns people to help us carrying this bombs away and report this to the Queen.."

"No, no one should know about these, there are many spies and traitor among us, if we do that, this bombs over here will be used against us. No one can help us even the prime minister. We'll be framed and there will be no exemption, worst we'll get executed for the crime we didn't commit, we must not alarmed the scouts or anyone especially the people inside the castle"

"What are talking about are you suspecting your own family?"

"Just listen to me, I'll answer them all, but we have no time to loose. Mahirap ipaliwanag pero I don't trust my stepmother, for now I want to know the truth but before that, let take this thing away from here fast before the celebration we can't afford to waste more time"

"That's tomorrow your highness. This loads of explosion are impossible to be carried away fast, our numbers wouldn't make it over night while the scout are all over the place"Said the  waitress with beads of sweat had appeared on her forehead. Her hands were trembling and couldn't take her eyes on the bomb.

The soldiers came and they bowed their heads before speaking "First tunnel your highness, leading to the Great hall"

"Second are in the king's study"

"Third or fourth are the tunnels near the river and other are outside the border of Estheria. This must be the reason that they freely snuck in our borders without the Marquise noticing"

"Seven your highnesses is a cell, I saw people inside"

"The eighth are headquarters"

"Headquarters?" We all asked the same question. And the soldiers lead us the way.

"I saw a map of Estheria and this tunnels are their only way to sneak in, that's why we never find them. But now we already captured five of em" I waited and they aggressively dragged men in front of me "These men are the lunarian" They are tied back to back. They are wearing a cloak and a mask covering their faces. I removed it and turn my face to the soldiers and pulled out the scabbard , drawing the blade to the criminals and they remain nonchalant.

"You have mistaken, these people are no mere lunarian, these are the people who was under the commands of other aristocrats" I said and shifted my gaze to the Earl and he turn his gaze away "Diba Earl Grey kuran or should I say clone!"