CHAPTER 52- THE BANQUET

LUNA CREST

And that day came, the dawn light slowly arising from the east, seizing away the darkness to the other side. I sighed while looking at myself in front of the mirror, watching my own reflection with my own eyes I was like reminiscing the past but was interrupted and I woke up to reality as I heard someone knocking on door.  "Come in" I responded and  the door creaks open, a fairy maid came in with a gentle bow

" My lord, ladies of the court will be running after you, thy beauty never age.." she threw a lil compliment and I wave her off and she chuckles "The viscount is waiting for you at the lobby"

"I'll be there" I said and heard the faint click of her shoes to the marble floor. After I'm finished I went straight to meet the Viscountess husband.

I saw her in distressed, preparing herself, matching the jewelry to her outfit she wants to make an impact. I look at every jewels place on the table and she couldn't decide what to pick. One stone got my attention and look at her shimmering dress.

"That one is perfect your grace" I pointed the moonstone necklace. It matches the color of her gown.

"My son you have a good taste of fashion!" she excitedly asked the maid to hang it over her neck while looking at the mirror and put some red paint on her lips. It's bloody red. I don't understand why women tried to force themselves wearing something to hid their natural beauty. But maybe in the humans eyes natural beauty is not enough so many of this court ladies are dying to impressed others. Must be insecurities, but who knows.. they had their reason after all.

"That makes him gay.." Said the viscount and that made the fairy secretly cackling while preparing their master's outfit. I sighed with a slight shook on my head and the Viscountess glared at him, furiously.

Someone tugged my clothes and I look back to see who it was and it's their daughter.  Miss lady Wintervona of Chateaux. Purple doe eyes, wavy silver ash grey hair with ribbons and purple flower clips. I scooped her on my arms. And she's poking my cheeks and rub her cheeks to mine. It's so soft.

"My dear your so cruel for calling our son like that! How could you!?"

I wave her off that I'm not offended "It's fine, your grace the viscount doesn't really mean it"

"See, he knows his old man. He is not offended. That's the real definition of man" he said proudly

"You just called him gay then now man! Baliw kaba?"

"Father, my dear brother is charming than anyone else around here, he doesn't have that big belly like you and that goofy mustache of yours" she said directly to his face and he was shocked and turn pale.

"My dear!!" His father mumbled, his face turn red because his daughter just exposed his insecurities. "How rude!" He exclaimed

"I miss you brother, are you coming with us today...?" She stop and gave me a head bonk "You also didn't come to my birthday and I thought you will not come again because I lost your brooch pin.."

"I'm not angry, miss nga kita e" she giggled and hug me and kisses my cheeks. Short people didn't know how adorable they are. I can smell her sweet scent of candy and soft hand brushing my hair. " I didn't know you're going to banquet with us"

"Banket? What's a banket... Oh you meant a bucket, wait are you gonna milk a cow or a goat?"

"It's banquet it's more ahmp... It is defined as a formal meal for a large group of people miss Winternova" I explain and she looks at me with awe and a bit confused "....Banquets are usually celebratory occasions, often with some sort of recognition ceremony held during the event. They are, for the most part, viewed as a more formal event reserved for things like weddings, large conferences, and other celebrations...."