CHAPTER 59- SO SOON

A L E X

I came late, I promise myself that I'm going to protect him even just a little, yet what am I doing? The lunarian asked me to sleep even if I tried too, I can't. I can't just lie down like nothing happened. My chest is heavy. There's a thick lump on my throat and it's almost choking me and I can't breath. I pushed the blanket away and went to the window, overlooking the town and port. High up on the mountain side had a stear view across the land. I had spend the past few hours staring out to sea lost in thoughts. Heartbeat was so fast and it seems that my heart is trying to escape from my chest with the way pounding heavily against my breastbone. I'm guilty coz I couldn't save him.

I glanced up to the sky. The moon was hidden behind the never-ending cloud. It's dark,too dark and cold mixture of miserable. I decided to see him and left the room pulling the cloaks hanging beside the door. Once outside I wrapped my body on tightly, protecting myself from the bitter evening wind that had sprung up in the past hours.

I made my way stopping outside the room. I saw an unfamiliar faces of pixies, puffy eyes and head hanging low. My footsteps echoed as I walked towards them and they look at me and then turn back to their position. I saw how anxious they are as I am. I stop at the door, debating whether to go or not. The door flew open before I could reach the handle and saw the Viscountess sniffling.

She embraced me, she was so generous of bending herself just to level my height, running her soft hands on my head and she left wiping her tears calling the maids. I tried to sneak in but the doctor stop me and his a fairy too.

We heard the clicking of heals coming and it's coming closer and saw the lunarian panting in shocked and the prince is with them, Prince Airell. He's catching his breath and pat me before he slipped inside.

Few minutes past, he open the door and whistles. A bird came inside and landed on his finger. Pecking and he whispered on the feathered creature. And after that the bird nodded and flew away fast like it was on a hurry, carrying his message back home. The fairies are talking beside me and I couldn't understand their languages and flew away like they were on a hurry. Airell's eyes were terrified and furious at the same time. But he has a second thoughts. I made the first move and he pat my head.

"Your highness I'm taking him home with me, but he can't go, your contracts are forbidding him to go back, if you won't let him he'll loose a lot of blood, he'll die, let him go"

It hurts me because Luna Crest will be taken away from me. But I don't want to loose him. The contract appeared in front of me. And I nicked myself as an agreement. Soon as my blood drop on the piece of paper it's burst into flames and disappeared.

My heart was torn apart, I don't know why, but it feels like a sharp edge of the broken glass were stabbed on my chest.

The lunarian drag me away and saw pixies rushing on the halls, flooding the room. We went outside the garden and saw the Pixies carrying him on the back door and carried him inside the carriage and it just disappeared and the fairies flew back to Zendalia. The weak light of hope left in my heart and was completely covered with nothing but darkness. But I had hope "Will he be alright?" Parang pinipiga ang lalamunan ko at nung nabura na ang contract para akong nawalan ng piraso. Tears form on my eyes until it slipped down my eyelashes. It's was weird because I'm crying in disappointments.

"We don't know, we'll wait for the results" said Luna vanessa and gave me a smile and pinch my cheek "Luna crest wouldn't like that expression of you when his here, he'll be alright... I guess"

"This is my fault I couldn't even ordered him to stay close to me.."

"Your highness its not your fault. The Junakian's will be there. They won't leave him. For now, you need to focus on your kingdom. Your people needs you here, promise me leave Luna crest in our care" said Luna Quartz with a smile. And that eased the pressure.