CHAPTER 58- THE PAST WON'T HEAL

LUNA CREST

"Walking you on the aisle is my biggest dre...." I slipped away from eavesdropping. I'm just messing with myself. My chest becomes heavy again. I should stop being delusional. At the end of the day I can't win, she's already his. I should've keep that in mind.

I walked past the soldiers, hearing their faint whispers and commanding voices behind me. With a torch in hand. I descended the stairs alone, shadow casted by the flames, followed closely behind me. The scent of burning woods and oil made my nose crinkle. I walked through pitch black tunnel, hearing only my footsteps against the ground.

I felt heaviness in my chest, couldn't breathe properly. There was an uneasiness. I battle with my thoughts, if I continued to go further or not, yet I don't want to see her now. I leaned forward and saw many passageway.

This many? Curiosity drives me and I slipped inside to the tunnel. The hollow voices can be heard and the chattering sounds of bugs on the place. I saw a staircase, spiralling up outside the tunnel.  I saw a leaver and I pulled it down and a light entered the place. I climbed up and look at the gap behind the throne room. That was a quick way to break in.

I heard a commotion and I look around to hid and someone yanked me out and saw my the Rangers waving their hands on me and we jumped up and hid on the statues near the dome. We looked down on the people entering the hall and saw the Queen, dressed more brightly, heaving with jewels and the crown she wore looks familiar. I look around and tried reminiscing the past and I snap my fingers. That's Flindelle crown why is she wearing it? I remember that Crown was under the protection and respected in the museum, one of the most valuable crown in Estheria. That crown was extravagant piece of jewelry. The golden twisted and weaved intricately around diamond of all shape and sizes and colors. It looked like it weighed a ton and yet she managed to balance the daintily on her head.

Why is she wearing it?

As the Queen sat down the grand duchess soon sat on Esthelians chair with a smile of success.
Other prime minister came inside and their voices echoing through the halls. They are about 40 in counting not including the guards. We hid behind the statues, eavesdropping, collecting enough data.

Wonder why princess Esthelian didn't asked for help from her own stepmother.  Her eyes fixated on the people the room, ignoring the overwhelming chatter and gossiping that now filled the air like bees swarming around the flower.

"The king is miraculously healed your highness and maybe these week he'll shown himself to the public..." the other prime minister said and I shifted my eyes to the Queen to see her reaction. But aside from being thankful her face was in rage and her grip tighten on the handle on her chair. She wasn't even thrilled to hear it.

"Nonsense!" She exploded.

Now I get.

When I layed my eyes on that woman I know that I shouldn't trust her. But her highness was so naive. If only I can send this message, hearing the real reaction of the Queen's about the king's condition. But I had no choice but to take advantages before they could lay their fingers on my princess.

My princess

A memory came to hunt me again whenever I say those words. Sweet words yet fatal. Like thorns wrapped around my chest, Squeezing it until it burst and dried up like a withered leaves. I sighed and sat down while massaging my temple. Dampening my chest. I was the one who told him that his fiancee are working inside the tavern, The two lunarian delivered that message but before I could take action. I saw him and it already looses my interest of meeting her.

This feeling are the same like how I cared about Flindelle, maybe I'm Inlove, but still met the same fate

Over and over again like a curse