Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ren's POV

Despite the circumstances, the next couple of days were as quiet as could be. Well, besides the disagreements that happened between both Isamu and Montaro every other hour. Scrolling through my phone, at the same time I was writing down the different job offerings I'd found in the area. On the other hand, I was also getting ready to go to work. There was only one day left until the sponsor would be at the club and I couldn't help but feel stressed.

Since the last time he'd been here I hadn't received any new text messages from Mr. Kenji. It was safe to say that I had no idea what exactly I'd be doing until he sent me to his office tomorrow. Sighing a little, I was worried about something going wrong in the process. No matter how confident the demon seemed, there was no way it would be easy. All I knew was that I'd have to be focused and as careful as ever.

Rubbing the back of my neck, I hadn't realized that Isamu had slithered directly in front of me on the other side of the table. It wasn't until I heard his voice that my eyes shot up toward him, "Hey Defect. Don't you agree that it's about time for me to be able to go out and eat? That asshat of a vampire won't let me." After he said that, the tip of his long and smooth tail pointed directly at the blonde being that stood on the other side of the room. It was like he was expecting me to take his side on the matter. All that came from Montaro was a heavy sigh from hearing the incubus. Blinking at Isamu for a moment, I then remembered. Right, he's an incubus. When was the last time he had any energy?

Even though my knowledge of them wasn't much, there was no way I'd let him bring someone here to have sex with. Just thinking about it made me uncomfortable. Not to mention, it was still too dangerous for him to go out because nothing had been dealt with yet. But then again, there were more than enough ways to obtain it than just through intercourse. Skin-to-skin contact such as handholding or even kissing would be enough to satiate his hunger if only a little bit. Crossing my arms, I tilted my head wondering out loud, "Why not have some of Montaro's energy? Wouldn't that solve your problem at least for now?"

When I asked that, I heard and watched both of them choke on their saliva at the same time out of shock. Isamu instantly recoiled in a sudden panic at the suggestion and he exclaimed, "Have you gone insane? What in the hell makes you think I'd want to feed off of him!?" Not surprised in the least by his outburst I rubbed one of my ears in discomfort at his loud voice. Montaro had immediately recovered but he watched the two of us with wide eyes. Opening my mouth I closed my eyes momentarily as I spoke bluntly, "Well that seems to be your only option, isn't it? Even if it was safe for you to go out, there's no way in hell I'd let you bring someone here to go at it with. Not to mention, I'm sure we both agree that you wouldn't want any of mine. But it's not like I'd let you have any of my energy in the first place. Besides, the sigil is still on me...right?"

I couldn't feel any evidence of it still being there if it was still on me. It's not like I did before either, anyway. Quickly shaking it off I cleared my throat a little and sighed, "Well, if you do feed off of Montaro just don't...you know..." Feeling my cheeks heat up a little, I regretted saying that out loud but either way, it was my apartment. I had absolutely no clue what he'd do, and I had no urge to know in the first place. At my comment, Isamu tensed up in annoyance and glared at me rolling his eyes, "I'm not some fucking sex-crazed maniac you know? Ugh, I can't wait to get out of this damn place."

My embarrassment faded away as I said truthfully agreeing with him, "I can't either. I miss sleeping on my bed." Standing up, I swiftly shoved my phone into my pocket and snatched up my wallet. The incubus looked even more frustrated hearing my blunt response but I could tell he trusted Montaro the most even if he didn't openly show it. Since I had to fix my sleep schedule yesterday, I kept falling in and out of slumber hearing them talk to each other in my bedroom.