21

HI

Where are you, Sofi?

on the way home, why?

Have you met him?

No, I was busy with work.

Okay, let's meet at the office; we have a matter to talk about.

Okay, I'll be there.

AT THE OFFICE:

What happened? Sofia asked as she saw Alex in his office.

Take a seat. We need to talk about our case.

What is it? She inquired as she sat next to him.

We are looking into that girl's missing and have learned that she is in the same scenario as other victims of psycho kidnapping.

So, do you think it's him this time?

It seemed so; Alex remarked directly to her, and Sofia became concerned. It's been a month since a kidnapping, and now it's the same as before.

How's the plan going? Have you met him? He asked her

No, it's been a week since I last saw him. She claimed to remember what happened.

Why did something happen?

No.. it...I'm just quite busy at work, that's all.

What about calling?

No, I didn't. She replied in a sad tone.

Sofi.... Alex called her as she was lost in thought.

Hmm...?

Something happens? He asked while glancing at her. This time, when she looks at him, she can see in his eyes that he is concerned about her.

Many things, but don't worry, I can handle it.

Is it about him? He asked after a while. Sofi glanced at him, stunned, but shook her head. She doesn't want Alex to know anything about her or Neo.

You know I can read you, but it's fine if you don't want to share. But remember, you may share anything with me and you trust me. Not just as a colleague but also as a friend. Alex stated to her.

I know. Thank you so much for being so understanding. She said, hugging him, that it was too much for her to handle. Everything just happened; she was hurt, but she has no one with whom she can share her feelings. Sure, Alex and Marco are there for her, but she knows that she cannot talk to them.

You don't have to; just be careful not to hurt yourself. He told her this because he could tell there was something more going on than they had planned. But he can't make her share; it's her choice whether to share or not. He will always protect her.

WHAT THE HELL GOING ON? When they hear loud a voice, they break their hug and glance around, and there is Marco standing at the door, stunned.

What is this, and what are you doing? Marco stepped between them. This jerk started jealous.

Alex smiled mockingly and answered, "Nothing, just being friendly."

Why are you hugging, and what does that mean? Glaring at him, he demanded

Why is it wrong if we hug? This time, she asked him while crossing her arms.

Not if someone saw you like this and got the wrong idea, you know? He said, looking down, that he was now the cat in front of her, haaaa,haaa. alex silently laugh at him

Who cares about others? Can't friends hug each other? She asked, glaring at him.

No, it's not like that; you just never hug me. He whispered the last words, and he wonders if they heard him.

What did you say?

Nothing; may we leave if your discussion is over?

Okay, let's go. She spoke and passed him while Marco was looking back at Alex with a deadly glare.

What. Why are you staring at me like that? He questioned mockingly and loudly.

Shut up, and let's go. He drew him with his arm.

They've been working on the plan for a week now. They have everything ready and are just waiting for Neo to be there so they can catch him red-handed. The technical team is also making an effort to locate him, but it looks like he is riding the bike that they were unable to fix a camera on. Let's say Sofia was worried about what would happen if they caught him; it's not like he would get off easy, but it would be worse. There is a battle between her heart and her mind.