42

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME? Both Sofia and Alex yelled at the same time. He returned after an hour, his clothing crushed and blood on his shirt. He looked to be exhausted.

He turned around as he heard the loud scream. where Alex and Sofia were both standing with shocking and worried faces.

What happened to you? Sofi asked, afraid, and hurried up to him, clutching his hand.

My god, blood. Alex, please get a first-aid kit. She said that, looking at him, Alex was also scared to see him like this. He went to get what she told him, but Marco stopped him.

Nothing happens to me; I'm fine.

How can you say not to see the blood? Tell me where you were injured. She asked him to examine his body.

Alex also approached him and checked on him.

its not mine; don't worry, he said. He ignored them and went to sit on the couch.

What do you mean? They both asked. Their expressions remain concerned.

First, could you just give me some water? After that, I'll tell you everything. He asked Sofia, who swiftly went to get water and gave it to him before sitting alongside him.

While drinking water, he noticed that those sitting in front of him were still staring at him with wide eyes, showing how worried they were about him.

Now tell me where you are all the time. You know the stress we were. I looked everywhere and called everyone, but you weren't among them. You know how terrified we were thinking about what the worst thing may have happened to you. He told me to slap him on the arm.

And you, idiot, forgot your phone here as well; at the very least, you should have informed us that you were leaving or would be late. She stated that she was staring at him.

I got bored at home and decided to go out. I was on my way home after spending some time there, but there was an accident on the road, and that man was badly injured, so I had to aid him or take him to the hospital, but there was no one with that person, so I had to stay there, and all this blood is his. He explained everything to them.

And I'm only halfway there when I realise why I forgot my phone. Sorry for worrying you both. He apologised as he looked at them. And they were both relieved to know he was fine.

What about that guy? Is he all right? Alex asked.

Yes, he has a head injury and a small fracture on his hand, but he is fine. After his family arrived, I left.

Good. Alex tapped him on the shoulder.

But why are you going out when you know we're on our way? She asked to be seated in front of him.

Nothing. I just get bored, he stated, avoiding her gaze.

Okay, go freshen up after we eat. Alex said, and Marco walked away.

He comes down after 15 minutes, with Alex and Sofia waiting for him. They eat quietly, especially Marco, who is always babbling nonsense. He didn't even inquire about their meeting; they both looked at him but said nothing.

Is that the only reason? When they were alone, Alex asked, and Sofia went to meet Mia.

What?

You said you went out because you were bored; you lied, right?

No, I don't. Marco avoided him.