45

Marco. She said this as she took a deep breath.

Do you remember the day we first met?

How could I have forgotten? It was the first time I saw you, and I couldn't take my gaze away from you.

And my hand too. She murmured it teasingly, and he scratched his neck with his hand, embarrassed.

You didn't let go of my hand that day. She claimed to be holding his hand now.

And I will never let it go . He claimed he was looking into her eyes.

I don't want to do that either; I want to hold your hand forever, as we do now, or maybe more strongly in the future. She stated And Mac is smiling at him, but it's unclear what she's saying.

Will you do it? Looking at him, she asked.

Sofy I'm confused. What exactly are you trying to say?

Mac, from the day we met till now, you and Alex, that person who is always with me through my bad and good days, you have been there for me. I know I hurt you more than anything else, whether intentionally or unintentionally, but I did it anyway. Despite this, you're still with me, standing in front of me with my baby. You love us wholeheartedly and offer her her father's love, so I don't want to lose it in the future. I want you to be with us like this and love us like you do. Love me as you wish. She said this while looking at Marco, whose eyes were moistened as she heard both of their hearts racing.

Then she kneeled and opened the box, revealing two stunning rings.

Marco, will you marry me? Will you give me the honour of calling you my husband and being your wife? You are the most amazing person I have ever met. Will you be the father of Mia? She asked him, while Mac couldn't believe it; he never imagined in his wildest dreams that Sofy would fall for him. This proposal is beyond his wildest thoughts, and he is at a loss for what to do. He's overjoyed that the love of his life has proposed to him. Tears stream from his eyes.

I'm dreaming? He doubted himself, as if he were still in shock and unsure of what was going on.

Yes, this is happening. You were not dreaming. So...?  she stated that she laughed, so what do you think? She asked for it again, holding the ring.

Yes, there is no other option; I will marry you. He stated this while half-smiling and half-crying. She put a ring on his finger as he did the same to her, and they both hugged.

Sofy, are you sure about this? I mean, don't you love...? He started but then stopped.

Yes, I was in love with him, and I can't say I don't have feelings for him anymore, but my feelings for him aren't the same. But, Mac, when I come to know you, understand you, realise how much you love me, and see how everything has changed, I don't want to give you any hope by saying I love you. Maybe I'm not, but I'm sure you are. I'd like to be with you. I want you to be my daughter's father. I like you and want to fall in love with you. She stated this while staring him in the eyes. Her words were sincere.

Thank you, Sofy. Thank you very much. I promise to be the best husband and father I can be. I love and care for both of you. I do everything for us. I really love you. You make me the happiest. I'm so lucky to have you. But his words were cut short as he felt her soft lip on his; he became frozen; everything stopped, even his breath and heart; and he stood like a statue, still in amazement.

We are lucky to have you in our lives, Mac. I promise to not hurt you and give you all the love and support you deserve. I am yours, Mac. She said it to him, and tears fell from both of their eyes. Mac hugged her tightly, thanking the universe for giving him this day and the love of his life. They parted after a while and gazed at each other, both shy and blushing.

Let's go. They are waiting. Sofia said, and he nodded, but before they walked, he grasped her hand, and she stared at him, puzzled.

Ca...can I...i   kiss you again? He asked, his face flushed.

Do you have to ask? She asked teasingly, trying to hide her blush.

He nodded and turned to face her. He caressed her cheek, and slowly, both came closer and closed the gap, letting the lip lock for a second and then letting it go for more. Only Marco knows how long he had to wait for this and how many times he had fantasized about it. The kiss was slow, like if he was talking all the time to capture this moment, as if he were telling her how much he loved her and how long he had waited for this. Sofia slid her hand into his hair, rubbing with his finger as he drew her closer. And they both rely on kissing, licking, and nibbling their lips at each other. They ended the kiss short of air and placed their foreheads against each other. They both had a lovely, shy look on their faces.

I love you. She nodded as he said that.

Let's go. They went to the hall, where Alex and Mia were waiting for them.

Alex gave them both hugs and congratulations after noticing a shy smile on their faces.

Especially Marco, after years of seeing him this happy. I think I'd want a big party. He's now your headache, not mine. He said this as he pushed Marco towards her.

What do you mean when you say "headache"? I am your best friend, and I will irritate you for the rest of my life.

No, your fiancée is here; annoy her. He laughed as Sofia and Marco flushed at what he said.

Seeing Marco Mia asking him

See, your daughter wants her daddy now. Give Mia to him, he said. Marco then gave her cheek a kiss. He answered, "Yeah, I'm her dad," glancing at Sofia.

Let's capture this lovely moment on camera. Alex stated that he noticed Marco get emotional. He got out his camera and photographed them.

They went to bed after a while, and Marco and Alex slept at her place. Marco entered the room he shared with Alex. As he entered, he noticed Alex sitting there, waiting for him.

Alex smiled at Marco as soon as he saw him.

Need a hug? I said I knew he needed it; he had waited a long time for this moment of happiness to come to him.

Marco went to him and held him tightly. His eyes well up with tears of joy.

I'm very happy. She said she wants to be with me, that she likes and wants to love me, and that she wants to marry me. He said as he was crying. I let him cry.

This is what you deserve, Mac. She finally came to you after a year of waiting. Congratulations. I said this while rubbing his back. and they break the hug.

It feels like a dream, Alex. I had given up hope that she would ever be mine and that she would love me, yet she did. Alex, I couldn't believe it. I love her so much.

It's real, stupid. Now you can love her all you want and deserve. But don't forget about your brother. He said that with a sneaky smile.

I will never. You're the best. Thank you so much, Alex. Both smiled at each other, hugged one more time, and fell asleep.