24

Sofia contacted Neo a third time, but he still wasn't answering her call. She had given up on talking to him. She placed her phone down and was going to use the restroom when her phone began to ring, and she checked it; it was an unknown number.

She looked at the number for a few seconds before responding.

Hello. Who is this? She inquired

It's me, Neo. He spoke on the other side.

Hey, why didn't you pick up when I called? She asked him to act normally.

Something happened. He stated it slowly, taking a breath.

Are you alright?

Yes, I'm

Sofia, Neo. We both stated it at the same time.

Yes, what is it? She asked.

I miss you. He uttered it in a voice that was shaking. I was on the verge of tears after hearing him. Although I miss him too, I still to manage myself.

Neo, can we meet? I asked because it was planned, but I also really wished to see him.

I can't. I away... I cut him off before he could complete it.

Please... I'd really want to meet you, and who knows, maybe this is my last chance to do so. At that point, tears began to fall.

Do you okay? Has something happened? He is someone who hurts but still cares about me. I know that he has been wrong and that this emotion is wrong, but I am powerless to help because this heart belongs to him.

I'm OK; can we meet? I asked once more.

Okay, but where?

Let's meet at the beach where you took me. Railay Beach ?

After some time, he murmured, "Okay."

Okay, bye. We then cut off the call.

DAY AFTER.

Take this. Alex gave me a watch that they can use to track me.

Where is your gun? Marco asked as he checked on other things.

In my bag.

If you sense anything is wrong, don't be hesitant to shoot him. He stated it once more. I know he doesn't want to see me go, and he is sulking all the time, but he can't do anything when it's part of our case. This is the final plan. He was constantly telling me to be careful, and this and that.

I know. Don't worry. Please don't say anything more. I said to him, staring at him.

Okk... okk, fine, I'm not saying anything else from now on. Is it wrong to care for someone? Alex and I just shook our heads as he murmured.

If you want to do something, you still have time. Alex was staring at me, and I knew exactly what he meant to say.

I'm hungry and want strawberry cake. And milkshake. Looking at Marco, I stated

But you don't like strawberries. He said this while staring at me, confused.

But I want it right now. I told him to give him puppy eyes.

Okk. I'll go buy it now. He chuckled and left the room after saying this. I then turned to face Alex, who was enjoying staring at both of us. Now smile at me.

What...? Eyeing him, I asked.

You know, you guys look good together. Look like a married couple.

Shut up. There is nothing like that. I said that and took a seat on the chair.

He cleared his throat after a second.

Sofia. He uttered my name in a deep voice, and I felt a little nervous.

Yes. I said this while staring at him.

I know you were personally involved in the case. And it's difficult, but I want you to be brave. He may have been through a lot, but what he did was wrong. And he committed a crime, and there is no forgiveness for what he did. So, this time, listen to your mind rather than your heart. That is beneficial to everyone, including you. He spoke directly into my eyes, and I understand exactly what he wants to say. He understands what to say when I'm battling with my mind or feelings, and he's always there to give me guidance.

I always feel comfortable with him; it's like if I had a big brother who is always looking out for me and by my side. I'm not sure why, but I feel like sobbing. So I approached him and hugged him.

Thank you very much. I can't say anything else.

Be careful, ok? He said it gently as he hugged and stroked my head.