44

He arrived at her house after 30 minutes, but there was nothing but darkness. He assumed there was an electrical problem, but he noticed the neighbour's house was lit up. He became concerned about both of them and dashed inside, only to find nothing but darkness. He pressed the light switch, but nothing happened. He dialled Sofia's number, but no one answered. He began to worry about them, and all sorts of negative thoughts entered his mind. He turned on the mobile torch, but all he saw was an empty room. He was going to contact Alex when the light turned on and everyone began singing together.

Happy birthday to you!

He looked around and was surprised to see his friend and coworker together.

He shifted his gaze to the other side, where Alex stood with a smile on his face with Mia on his arm. They all started singing again, and Sofy approached him with a cake.

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday, dear Mac!

Happy birthday to you!

In the final song, Sofy stands in front of him, dressed beautifully and smiling sweetly.

Marco is still frozen in place, not sure of how to react. His heart overhears as he looks at everyone who is there for him, making his day even more special. He smiled as he gazed at Alex.

He then faced Sofy, who was standing in front of him.

Let's cut the cake. He then cut the cake after she stated that.

Thank you, he said. He fed her.

Alex came to him, and Mia quickly reached him, and he kissed her.

Hey, my baby, I miss you.

Happy birthday, Mac. Alex told him to feed him cake and then hugged him.

Thank you so much, bro.

This one's for you. Alex replied as he handed him a gift.

What is it?

See yourself

Marco eagerly unwrapped the present, which was a lovely watch.

How did you get it? It was a limited edition that was also sold out. Mac asked, recalling the day they were shopping together and how much he liked this watch, but it was already sold out. He asked the shopkeeper if he could get him one more piece, but there weren't any.

I have my way.

Thank you very much. Mac told Alex that he was wearing his watch.

Following that, all of his friends came to wish him a happy birthday and to give him a gift. came and wished him a happy birthday and gave him a gift.

Then, did you plan this?

It's been a week.

"And here I thought you were forgetting my birthday, especially you." He said this, pointing to Alex with a disappointed tone in his voice.

Sorry Bud, but it was a surprise, so I had to go along with it.

still, you didn't make a special breakfast for my birthday. He said he was hitting him.

But, um, what about dinner? He asked, his face bright.

Did you make it?

Yes, I prepared everything, especially for your birthday dinner. Are you happy now?

Yes, he answered while smiling, and  seeing him, Mia,began to smile as well.

You know, I'm jealous of both of you sometimes. Are you a real friend or more? Sofia teased them by saying,

You don't have to; he's completely yours. Alex then pulled Mia from Mac and pushed him towards her.

What is it? Mac asked, confused, but no one replied.

Come with me. Sofy said to him and tugged him along with her. Mac stared at Alex, who was wishing him luck while smiling.

What is it? What are we doing? Marco asked, looking impatient.

Can you stay patient for a while? She stated this to him while still dragging him into the room.

You know that I can't.

We've here. They came to a stop at the front door, and she walked behind him to tie the cloth over his eyes. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

Sofy...what.... He couldn't finish what he was about to say when he felt her breath was too close to his ear.

Can you please shut up? You are ruining the mood. She said, and he felt goosebumps all over his body.

Come with me. She then opened the door and led him inside. They came to a stop after a while, and she untied his eyes.

Marco opened his eyes to find himself in the midst of the room, which has been decorated by fairy lights, red and white flowers, and images of them.

Sofi What is it? He asked, shocked.

Oh, it's the kitten party decoration.

Huhh? He gazed at her, confused.

It's a surprise for you, dumbo. She said she was punching his shoulder.

For me? He questioned her, still stunned, as if he couldn't believe she could do something like this for him. Yes, they are friends, and they have grown closer in recent months, but this is completely unexpected for him.

No, it's for pick; I just sawed you; is it good?

Huh?

You are really stupid, Mac. As he made a face at her, she laughed.

Give me a second. She stated this to him and then went to the corner of the room, took something from the drawer, and came back to him.

What is it? He asked as she stood in front of him, her hand behind her back.

It's a gift for you, and she gives it to him.

He had a lovely smile on his face as he received the gift and opened it.

Wow, it's beautiful, he said. Looking at the gift, there is a neck chain with a peddle.

Do you like it? She asked.

Like..? I love it. Help me with putting it on. And she did.

It suits you well. She said that she was smiling at him.

Thank you for this and everything it means to me, Sofia. He said to be genuine in his smile at her.

You don't have to, but you are still welcome.

Just wait until I show off and make Alex jealous. When he said it, they both laughed.

But after a while, there is silence, and neither of them knows what to say.

I have one more thing for you. She stated that she was nervous.

What is the another surprise or gift? He asked about being happier.

It maybe a surprise, but whether or not it is a gift is all up to you.

What do you mean? He asked, his face perplexed.