31

Marco left to buy some medicine, and when he returned, he saw Alex and Sofia talking. Marco wanted to go in, but he decided against it because he knew that if he did, Sofia would not be as open with him as she is with Alex, and he also knew that he would not be as calm. Marco also knew that Alex would handle the situation better than him, so he stood at the door.

He could hear her crying, and witnessing this made his heart hurt even more, with knowingly tears streaming from his eyes. He didn't tell her, but he had a crush on her since the first time he saw her. For him, it was love on the first side; he was always with her and taking care of her from the beginning. He may not have said it directly, but his actions said everything.

Alex is well aware of this; he always calls him crazy, and just seeing her smile makes him melt down. He even wants to confess his feelings to her, but Alex tells him to wait until the investigation is over. He didn't want to rush because he noticed how concerned everyone was about the case.

He was happy on the last day when they planned to catch him, happy to know that this case would be done soon, and now he could say all the things he had wanted to say for a long time, hack... He had also planned to surprise her, but now, before he can, he receives a very big surprise, and knowing who the child's father is, he isn't sure what to do. It hurts more than anything else in the world. It felt like someone stabbed him in the heart.

What did you say? Who is the father? He raged at her, still not believing it.

Wait, Mac... Alex dashed to him.

Tell me if she's lying. Is she joking, right? Marco asked, as if he still hoped what she said wasn't real.

calm down, okk, We can talk about it. Alex advised trying to calm him down.

calm down? How can I She's babbling nonsense. Do you even know what you're saying? He said this while glancing at her, who was still in shock.

I'm sorry. She said she was looking at dawn.

Is that all you have to say? How can you love him? Don't you know who he is, what he did, and, hell, what he did to you? Are you fucking out of your mind? He stated that he was breathing heavily.

Mac, please relax. She's not in good condition,. Please go outside. We can talk. Alex stated that he was trying to sense him. But when he heard that she was still unwell, he became silent and looked at her; she seemed so small. With tears in her eyes, she stared at him with fear. Then he exited the room.

Please don't mind him I will speak with him. Okay, just relax and don't worry; I'll be right there. Alex told her this and hugged her before leaving the room. He knows she needs him, but he also knows his friend needs him more right now; he can't imagine how heartbroken he is.

When he walked outside, he noticed Marco sitting on the bench, staring down and clutching his hands firmly. Alex sighed and took a seat next to him.

Mac. He said this with his hand on his shoulder.

How is she? The first question came from Marco.

Fine, but her condition is not good. The doctor stated that she needs care because she is weak. It's not good for any of them. It's better if she doesn't get stressed. After that, both are deafeningly silent.

Did you know about it? He asked without emotion.

No, I don't, but I have a feeling she is getting close to him, and I warned her about it, but I'm surprised like you. He said as he worried about her.

Is she stupid or something? Doesn't she know who he is?

I understand, but maybe she saw something in him that we didn't.

What did she see in him? tells me, is he better in any way? Marco asked angrily.

Mac. It's all about her; she's the one who got close to him; perhaps she saw a good person or good friend in him who cared about her and didn't harm her. Everyone has many personally, and she falls for the good one.

But how can she? Doesn't she realise I like her? Can't she see it?

It's because you like her and you've never told her the truth, and heart wants what heart wants.

But why him? Why can't she love me? I love her and want to tell her how much I still love her. Marco said that a tear had fallen from his eyes.

Hey, buddy, I know you love her, but you can't force someone to love you. Everyone has different choices; maybe she only sees you as a friend. Alex said this, gave him a side hug, and let him know he was there.

But it hurt. I'm angry at her, but I can't hate her for what she's done. I don't know what to do.

I'm always with you. I understand how you feel, but she still needs our help. But I want you to be strong for yourself. Alex stated, and both are hugging.

Doctor, she was discharged; let's go home and get yourself a man. Alex said, and he nodded.

I'll go get her; you get a car, okay? Both were standing up and about to go when Alex stopped them and gripped Marco's hand.

Don't worry, Mac; I'm here for you. Alex said, smiling. Marco also gave him a smile before making his way back.

They got out of the hospital after a half-hour. Their ride was too silent; no one said a single word. Marco had just dropped them off at Sofia's house and was ready to leave when Alex stopped him.

We have to stay here; she is not able to take care of herself.

But...

Mac I know you're in pain, but can you stay here with me? You know I can't do anything without you. Alex is pleased him; he understands how much Sofia needs him, but he can't leave Marco alone at this time.

Okk. Marco sighed deeply.

Let's go inside.

Let me park my car and then follow you.

Alex then went inside, and Marco came out to park the car. He remained still in the car after parking it, his eyes still tearful. He knew why Alex requested him to stay, and he didn't want to worry him any further, so he tried to be as strong as he could, but his heart still broke every time he saw her, and he couldn't do anything because he knew he had no right.

OK, you can do it. Get yourself a man; you need it. He motivated himself, wiped his eyes, and took a few deep breaths before leaving.