46

After two days

Neo learns that Sofia is getting married to Marco. Let's say he was sad about it but still glad for them. He hates Marco, but he saw how much he loves and cares for her, maybe more than he could, and he also understands that she can't be alone forever; she and their child need someone who isn't him but Marco.

He was deep in thought when he heard Marco's voice talking with others in the office who were coming to the police station to submit a report as Marco was about to go, but he stopped him.

Mr. Marco. Marco came to stop and gazed at him, perplexed.

I want to talk. He said they looked at each other sometime after Marco nodded his head and went inside to meet him.

How are they doing? He asked as they sat.

They're very good. Marco said, he still dislikes him, but as a lover and father, he understands his feelings.

Mia? he asked, hesitantly.

She is also fine, and she is already three months old. Marco told him to give him a small smile, and he nodded, missing them even more.

Congratulations! I've heard you're getting married.

Thank you. After that, they were utterly silent. They're at a loss for words.

Thank you very much. After a while, he said to him, and Marco stared at him, puzzled.

I know we both dislike each other for the same reason, but there is one person we both love. He stated that he was taking a deep breath.

But thank you for taking care of them and never leaving her side when she needed someone the most. Thank you for loving and accepting Mia as your own and for giving her father's love. He smiled at him.

She is my daughter as well, and she is so adorable that no one can help but love her.

She is. He stated he was thinking about his baby.

Do you want to meet them? Marco asked.

No, he said, his voice breaking with pain. I just have 5 days before I die, and as much as I want to, I can't. I've hurt her a lot all this time, but now I just want her to be happy, and I know that if they meet me or see me dying, I'll hurt them again, especially Sofia.

Okk. Marco said, but after some thought, he opened his phone and handed it to him, and Neo looked at him.

You don't want to meet them, but that doesn't mean you can't see them. Marco said as he opened his phone gallery, which was filled with his baby pictures.

here she is. He said this while handing Neo his phone and looking at pictures of his adorable baby and Sofy. Neo's eyes well up with tears. there is every picture of mia one day to now including how she sleeps, smiles, pouts, and plays. Neo feels as if he is holding or playing with his baby. His eyes welled up with tears.

He handed the phone back to Marco, and he dialled a number.

Hallo

.........

Are you home?

..............

Okk, Go to her and call me. He said this, and after a while, Neo noticed Mia on the cellphone screen. Playing with Alex. When he saw his adorable baby, a wonderful smile appeared on his face.

Hello, baby. As he talked, Mia stared at his phone screen.

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable and lovely. He said this while smiling at the baby and reaching for the phone, making a voice.

Daddy loves you so much, Mia. I wish your gorgeous smile never faded. Always be happy and good. Don't annoy your mother. He uttered it in a baby's voice. Marco smiled at him, knowing he had done the right thing.

Mia nodded, making baby voice as if she knew what he was saying. He loves his child more and more. The call ended after some time of talking and seeing the baby.

Thank you very much; I will never forget it. He stated that he was returning the phone.

Are you okay? Marco asked if this is the first time he feels sorry for him; he knows what he has done and how much pain he has endured. But being separated from the ones you love the most, especially your child, is the most painful thing in the world.

Yes, I'm all right now. I know I don't have to say it, but please give them all the love and happiness they deserve, protect them, look after them, and provide them with a lovely and beautiful life. that she will forgotten about me. With tears in his eyes, he stated that every word he spoke was genuine and from the bottom of his heart.

I will. Don't be worried. Mac said as he hugged him. He said his goodbyes. They both shared friendly smiles. Marc was about to leave the prison when Neo stopped.

In this life, I gave her to you, but not in the next. She is going to be mine. Neo said it with a smile.

I dare you, he replied, smiling, before exiting.