Chapter 3: A Welcoming Village, I

The answer to which novel I should be reincarnated into should be obvious. I believed it's the novel I read before going to bed last night.

But first, how did I die?

I could vaguely recalled that as I was reading a novel on my laptop, the laptop's battery exploded and burned my arm. In a panic, I fell backward and stepped on an empty can, causing me to lose my footing. I fell to the ground, and as if fate had conspired against me, my head struck a hard surface, knocking me unconscious.

The fall shouldn't be all that horrible.

I tried to convince myself, but the truth was that when I woke up, I had already entered a novel.

I was the only resident in that unit, and the explosion was not a loud one. I might have died from burns from a fire that broke out, or I might have actually suffered a head injury.

Nevertheless, I still passed away!

I was having internal conflicts, and the boy standing next to my bed flinched as he gasped, "No way, did you really become stupid?"

My mouth twitched as I retorted, "No, it's not like that. I think I have amnesia."

"Amnesia?"

"Uh, yeah, basically, I can't remember anything."

The boy cast a pitying look at me. "So I guess I was right..."

"Right about what?"

"You really did hit your head hard," the boy commented.

It's not like I really had amnesia. But it's that I had transmigrated into someone else. I remembered that the people in the dungeon said that I was the son of a marquess.

I looked at my bedside table, which only had the clothing I'd worn previously and the cracked armor.

Belatedly, I realized something important.

I was fucking robbed!!!

The boy looked at me like I was a weirdo. "What's wrong with you now?"

My hands were trembling. "It's nothing."

First and foremost, I had to figure out my identity. The identity of my body sounds like he was famous for... being useless.

I opened my mouth and asked the boy in hesitation, "Since you know me, can you tell who I am?"

I was worried that I had transmigrated into a nobody and nameless background character. If I'm going to be reborn, it better be someone cool--a powerful character--or else my reincarnation will be pointless!

Sure enough, when the boy startled explaining...

"Your name is Seth. I don't know your full name. But you are the weakest member of the hero's party. I heard that the other members always complained about you being useless." The boy explained it as if it were something to be proud of.

"That's it...?"

"Well, that's what the gossipy uncles said!"

It was the same thing that I had heard multiple times.

I remembered the name Seth. In his full name, he was called Seth Whitlock, a trash cannon fodder that died early in the novel [The Summoned Hero].

[The Summoned Hero] was a novel about a man who was summoned into another world as a hero to defeat the demon king. It was a generic Isekai story about a weak modern guy becoming stronger, forming alliances, overcoming side villains... and then destroying the demon king--or so I thought.