Chapter 11: Saving a Powerhouse, I

Once upon a time, in a world of medieval fantasy, the Demon King cast a dark shadow over the land, spreading chaos, despair, and fear for years. Villages lay in ruins, forests withered away, and rivers ran black with sorrow.

To confront and defeat the Demon King, a young warrior called The Hero was summoned from another world. The people cried out for a saviour, and their hope rested upon the shoulders of the Hero.

The Hero set off on his journey with his sword by his side and shining armour. His adventure took him through magical forests alive with mythical creatures, across vast deserts where time stood still, and up towering mountains where the air was thin and danger lurked around every corner.

Along the way, the Hero met companions and formed unbreakable bonds. There was a kind-hearted healer with eyes that sparkled like emeralds, a smart magician that became magic tower master and a fierce giant that would always protect his teammates.

They faced the deadly traps in ancient tombs, combat terrible monsters in spooky marshes, and navigate mazes that appeared to be designed to trap and confuse them.

As they got closer to the centre of darkness, The Hero could feel the presence of the Demon King growing stronger. The Hero defeated the Demon King with a roar and a blaze of anger, putting an end to his reign of terror. As the darkness receded, the land was bathed in warm, golden light, and the people cheered.

The Hero had fulfilled his duty, and the realm was now fully free from the Demon King's reign.

It was a summarised and happier version of The Summoned Hero. The ending that I told them was an ending that I imagined and drew in my previous life.

"That's it? Nya, I want to hear more! The Hero is so cool. He fought evil and saved everyone!"

"I like the protagonist's character. Even though he realized defeating the demon king would be difficult, he resolved to set out and gather allies to help save the world."

"That's right, nya! I like a brave hero."

"He's someone admirable. If he's real, then I would want to meet him."

Yeah, you will meet him soon, Celia.

But the story wasn't as happy as I had told them, and the book had a 'tragedy' tag for a reason.

They both sang praises towards the protagonist. I looked at their faces which showed great interest and doubted them for a moment.

It was a novel with 2.4/5 rating on the official website where it was first uploaded. You are telling me that's a good story?

"It seems like a familiar story that I know." Berko commented.

He wasn't as clueless as the two who didn't seem to know that I was talking about the famous hero that was recently summoned in this kingdom.

Anyway, Berko and Orion weren't part of the characters in The Summoned Hero. Although I didn't know their background stories, I had an intuition that this duo would not harm me or Celia. But being vigilant was still important.

"I'm wondering, how long have you been working as a merchant?"

Berko glanced at me before returning his gaze to the road ahead. "I've been traveling these roads for as long as I can remember. It's a way of life that I inherited from my father and from his father before him, who traveled through these areas and transported goods between villages."

"Is that so? Then do you guys also have a business in the black market?"

"What do you mean, nya? We are good law-abiding citizens. We won't do anything shady like going to the black market. I don't even know where it is."