Chapter 5: A Welcoming Village, III

I wasn't impressed with my power for very long.

When compared to the other characters in TSH, my power was child's play in their eyes since the hero was able to slay a dragon powerful enough to overthrow an entire kingdom.

I was on the verge of losing my motivation, but I decided that I didn't require that much strength.

I only had to find the Birds of a Feather to get my revenge. In either case, they would also approach me on their own to avoid being identified for crimes against a marquess' son- Wow, who do I think I am? A main character of a novel?

I thought I was being overly confident that I had things worked out. But with my shitty luck since I transmigrated, it was more likely for me to get killed first. Realistically, my enemies were more powerful than me.

Do I even have a protagonist halo? Plot armor?

A modern man with no fighting experience planning revenge was funny.

"Ah, am I really gonna die?"

After only using magic once, I started sweating and felt a bruise on my finger. However, I continued and launched another magic attack, this time focusing the magic power on both of my palms. More concentration was required to make two balls of light at the same time. I pointed my palms at the tree, but it quickly dissipated before it could hit the trunk.

"Maybe it's too much," I mumbled to myself.

I tried again using only my right hand, but the magic's power was getting weaker and it could barely make a dent in the tree.

"Fuh..."

I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"I never thought there would be a day I would try so hard to fight for my pathetic life."

This time, I used both hands raised in front of me, gathering the mana surging through my veins and performing the spell. I gathered my powers and focused all of my magic in my palm. A rush of power washed over me, and the light in front of me blinded my eyes to the point where I had to shut them tight.

If only I could blow up the trees in front of me!

"Here I go!"

"Are you courting death?"

A voice from nowhere surprised me, and I became so distracted that the magic in my hand lost its form.

"Who is it?" I asked warily.

The man emerged from the shadows of the trees not far from me. As soon as the light shone on him, I remembered a passage from the novel TSH.

<The man was tall and had a sturdy frame, with long silver hair that cascaded down his back and was pulled back into a low ponytail, and thin, reserved silver eyes. Additionally, he also had a scar on the edge of his lip that went all the way to his chin.>

<Though he appeared stoic when he was lost in thought, a subtle melancholy carved into his features. The deep look in his silver eyes suggested a sense of sorrow, as if he was always missing someone dear to him.>

<A suit of shining armor adorned his form, reflecting the glimmering light of the sun. His gauntleted hand was always carressing the hilt of his sword that had a crest on it.>

Celia said that someone by the name of Isaac was the one who saved me. And Jake said that he was going up in the mountains.

The characters in TSH always had their appearances described in detail, and matching his looks and name, then, this individual is...

Isaac, the mysterious person who appeared only a few times in TSH.

Isaac was one of those that assisted the hero in becoming stronger so long as the hero promised he would be able to defeat the demon king- though he wasn't interested in world peace. Nonetheless, the hero never considered him as an ally.