Chapter 21: The Marquess' Estate, III

Once we reached my bedroom, Richard said, "I'll call the servants to prepare for your bath."

It was normal for nobles to have their servants tending to their daily needs such as cooking, bathing etc.

"You don't need to do that. I want to be alone."

But I wasn't used to it. See my naked body for free? No thanks.

I closed the door and looked at my bedroom in amazement. The bedroom was as big as my house in my previous life. At the centre of the room stood a four-poster bed with deep crimson drapes, pillows and a thick, quilted duvet. It was tempting to sleep immediately but I hadn't gotten a proper shower after travelling for so many days.

So I went to the dressing room which displayed rows upon rows of clothing racks with gowns and suits, each more opulent than the last. But it was too gaudy for me. I found a relatively simple outfit and placed it on the sofa.

After taking a cold shower, I looked in the mirror. The long blonde hair reached my waist. The hair was too long for my liking.

As I couldn't find a pair of scissors, I threw myself on the comfy bed and fell asleep.

It was in the afternoon when I heard someone knocking at the door. As I rubbed my temples, trying to alleviate the headache that had plagued me since waking up, there was a gentle knock at the door. With a sigh, I called out, "Come in."

The door swung open to reveal the twins, Noel and Leon, and Celia standing in the doorway.

"Were you sleeping?"

"How did you know?"

"I can see from your bed hair." Celia smiled in amusement as I tidied my hair. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, Seth. But we're planning to go out and buy something to eat." Her tone changed and she was suddenly being cautious. Whether it was because she heard the rumours of my trash personality from the other servants or how they were cautious towards me, I didn't know.

"I found Noel and Leon while trying to find you. They said they're hungry as well."

"That butler is so suspicious. I don't like him." Leon said.

Noel chimed in, "He did ask whether we want to eat but we don't want to trouble him."

I was glad that they preferred to trust me.

"Then let's go together. I know a good place."

I didn't forget to bring the coins that were on the table in the bedroom. We ride a carriage together with a single driver in front. The restaurant was nestled just across a famous headquarters called Silverskulls Guild. The guild was protecting the Birds of a Feather people, who were working under it and oversaw any of their suspicious activities which would get questioned by the capital's guards.

The restaurant had wooden beams and large, arched windows. A signboard with calligraphy showed the words, "Zen Dining Hall", the same favorite restaurant that Haeseong always dined in.

As we stepped through the door, I was met with a momentary glance from the waitress, who seemed a tad irritated at my presence, likely recognizing this body's bad reputation. It wasn't surprising that there weren't many people who liked me as Seth always got drunk and smashed the restaurants when he overheard people gossiping about him being a useless son of a marquess.

She quickly masked her annoyance with a polite smile. "Good evening. Welcome to Zen Dining Hall. How may I assist you today?"

"Give me any of your finest offerings."

Her expression crumpled slightly as she nodded. "Certainly. Please follow me."

We made our way to the second floor, where the dining area became a spacious room. Tables dressed in crisp linens were thoughtfully arranged with a petite vase of freshly cut flowers.