Chapter 4: A Welcoming Village, II

After asking simple questions about my health and serving two glasses of water, Jake's grandmother left Celia and I alone in the room.

In the novel TSH, Celia was shown as a compassionate person. She was the one that took care of the hero and his fellow team members, gave their safety top priority, and was willing to give her life if necessary for the team.

"When you were in danger, Isaac brought you here. Jake, the boy, called me and the village elder right away. Thank goodness I was still in the village. The crisis is past, so I hastily came to heal you." Celia explained. "Why were you still here if the hero had already departed the village early?"

"That... I'm not sure. My memory seems to be a little hazy."

Celia was someone reliable, so I could trust and rely on her to provide me with further information about the village and my current predicament. Having no protection, it would be easy for the squad that raided my possessions to come and kill me if they found out I was still alive. So, I had to first travel to the capital and return to the marquess' mansion for my safety.

"Your head did bleed, but the wound is healed; I already examined yesterday." Celia sighed. "Can you remember how you got into this state?"

"Before I fell asleep, a squad of people stole my equipment."

Telling people that I had been robbed made me feel a little ashamed.

"What...?" Celia was astounded.

I bowed my head, trying to act pitiful and win her sympathy.

"Those people! How dare they! I knew they weren't anything good from the moment I saw them!" Celia yelled, her hands on her hips. Her kind features twisted with rage. "The hero could kill the monsters without breaking a sweat while all they did was weigh him down!"

She admired the hero a lot, didn't she? But I felt like the insult was also intended for me, who reincarnated as the trash cannon fodder that abused people.

I hadn't told her who they were but she seemed to already know.

Celia sat back down and asked, "What exactly happened?"

"They took my belongings and abandoned me in the dungeon, and then a few statues came to hunt me down."

"Statues? Isaac found you outside the dungeon that the hero and you guys had already cleared, which were a pack of Metal Wolves. Besides, there's only one dungeon that has manifested in this village. You must be mistaken." Celia explained.

If a lot of mana gathered in one spot, together with a collection of creatures, it would build a dungeon with stronger monsters inside. And if they were left alone, a dungeon break could occur, annihilating the villagers nearby.

I furrowed my eyebrows in thought. If the statue wasn't part of the dungeon in Tudela village, then there would only be one reasonable explanation.

The people who stole my belongings used a portal to transport us into a dungeon in another place.

"I don't know why you and the hero decided to team up with those people, they are from a group known as Birds of a Feather. Someone I knew had gone missing while working with them."

Birds of a Feather, huh... The name suggested a gang of unfortunate individuals working together, but they were actually bandits. I knew how this bunch of folks was going to end.

In TSH, Seth took some time to get back from the mission, so Agnes and the hero traveled to Tudela village to look for him. There were no signs of him to be found. One of her informants informed her that the [Sword of Rain], which was supposed to belong to Seth, was discovered to belong to another high-ranking noble. Agnes dragged the hero with her to investigate the Birds Of A Feather, the latest people to contact Seth. When they were discovered, they received a lifetime prison sentence.