Chapter 10: A Welcoming Village, VIII

"Waaah! Celia, I don't want you to go!" Jake was wailing as he hugged Celia.

Celia patted him on the head. "I'm sorry, Jake. I don't know when I can come back."

It came as no surprise that Celia was well-known enough among people that a child would even hug her and refuse to her leave.

The old merchant, Orion, Celia, and I were standing at the village's entrance. Jake and his grandma, as well as the village chief, were there to see us off early in the morning, when the sun was just visible above the horizon.

"The village and its people are already nice. Why would you want to go to the capital? I've heard there are a lot of terrible people there!"

"Not everyone there is bad. For example, the person I wish to see is well-known for travelling over the world to assist people."

Jake buried his head in her embrace. I could tell from the look of enjoyment on his face that he was using his sadness as an excuse to hug the beautiful woman.

I couldn't stand it any longer and opened my mouth, "Hey, what about me? Aren't you sad that I'm leaving?"

Jake looked at me resentfully. "Why would I be sad to see you go?"

"We slept in the same room together for a few days, and this is how you treat me? I even know that you always fall off your bed and fart during your sleep."

"W-what?!"

"I couldn't sleep properly at night because of you."

"You are lying! Celia, this stupid man is lying!" Jake was embarrassed to the point his face turned bright red.

"Huh, who are you calling stupid?!"

Celia laughed. "That's not good, Seth. You shouldn't divulge someone else's secret to others."

"I really didn't fart in my sleep!"

"Haha, it seems like Jake likes the two of you." His grandmother came over to us with a benign smile. "I've made some bread, but it's not much. Please accept it."

The elderly lady handed me a bundle and put it into my arms. She claimed she didn't make much, yet the sack filled my arms. The warmth on my skin indicated that the bread had just been baked.

If I remember correctly, I heard some noise while I was sleeping last night but I ignored it and slept like a dead log. It was apparently her who stayed up late to bake.

"You don't have to give us everything, Grandma. I've packed enough food for the two of us." Celia gently declined.

After we got the coins from the treasure, we went right away to buy some food, clothing, weapons, and other supplies. The items were kept in a small, ornate box that I bought from the merchant. It was a dimensional space, which, despite its modest size, had plenty of room for storage. Even better, nothing within will spoil. Anything that entered the box would maintain the same state when it was taken out.

Even Celia didn't need to carry around bulky luggage because her belongings were kept inside the small box that I placed in my pouch.

"Yeah, I already told my grandma that but she still wants to do it. What kind of noble is so poor that he still asks commoners for food?" Jake said with arms folded.

Ouch. I wanted to rebuke but he was right. "I lost my belongings, okay?"

"Excuses."

The old woman smacked him on the head without a change of expression.

"It's fine, it's fine, please take it with you. There's no harm in bringing along more food."

"Tsk. We are so kind to you. You should at least repay us."