chapter 2 (Realizing Things: When Everything Becomes Clear)

MERCEDES's POV

I'm taking a break now after my debut party.

I'm feeling a mix of emotions.

I don't like how Zekiel treated me, but I have feelings for him.

I care about Xavier, but it's more like a friendship. Can I like him more than I like Zekiel?

Xavier is my classmate and a suitor, though he doesn't push it. He's happy being my friend. Many girls envy me because he always hangs out with me. He's someone I trust. He knows about my feelings for Zekiel and how Zekiel treats me.

I see how much Xavier cares for me. When we were in Davao, he often visited me on weekends.

He even introduced me to his parents. They were kind to me. Xavier has two younger sisters and twin brothers, making five siblings in total. The girls are sixteen and fourteen years old, and the twin boys are 10 years old.

Whenever I have free time, I spend it with them. They invited me to Talicud Island for a weekend getaway at their resort. We enjoy the beach, have BBQ parties, build sand castles, and have fun in the water.

Flashback

"Ced, come with us... Mommy is inviting you for a weekend getaway," Xavier said.

"I'm shy. It's a family get-together, and I might be a nuisance," I replied.

"Who told you that?"

"No one."

"Oh, you see, there's no problem. Come with us, please."

"Xav, you're persistent."

"I'll keep bothering you until you agree."

"Oh no..."

"Don't worry, Ced, I'll lift you into the helicopter," Xavier teased.

"Helicopter?"

"Yes, Mommy insisted. She says the boat ride is too long."

"Will we all fit?"

"It's a 30-seater helicopter, Ced."

"And you own it?"

"No."

"You borrowed it?"

"Hahaha... Ced, not mine. My parents own it."

"Oh..."

"Why?"

"It's embarrassing to hang out with billionaires."

"Ced, are you serious?"

"Why?"

"If you don't want the helicopter, we can use a boat to Talicud Island just so you can come."

"You're fooling me, Xavier."

"No, I'm not. I'm serious."

So, we went to Talicud Island with Xavier's family. I was speechless about their accommodation for me. Even though they're wealthy, they bought the condo in Davao City for me. When Xavier found out I was in their condo, he arranged to swap with the unit next to mine, convincing the occupant with a 10 percent discount.

At the resort on Talicud Island, our lunch was ready at a seaside cottage.

"Ate Ced, come here," called Xyna, followed by Xyra and the twins, Xyvon and Xyrus. All of them have names starting with X, taken from their Mommy Xenia, and the end letter from their Dad Calex. Calex Aragoncillo and Xenia Aragoncillo.