chapter 17 (Discovering Lake Sebu's Hidden Treasures)

MERCEDES' POV

Party at Koronadal City

Lacsamana's Residence

"It's awesome to see all of you here at my party! Thanks for coming," Mercedes said.

"Mercedes, we wouldn't have missed it for the world. Congratulations on finishing school!" High School Classmate 1 exclaimed.

"Mercedes, we knew you'd achieve great things. So, what are your employment plans now that you're done with school?" High School Classmate 2 inquired.

"Well, I've got a job at a law firm in the city. It's a great opportunity to work on cases related to environmental law, which is something I'm very passionate about," I explained.

"That's fantastic, Mercedes! Your commitment to environmental causes has always been admirable," High School Classmate 3 complimented.

"And your choice of law firm aligns perfectly with your values. That's impressive," High School Classmate 4 added.

"Thanks, it means a lot to me. I'm excited to make a difference in this field," I said.

"And what about you guys? Any exciting employment plans?" High School Classmate 1 asked.

"I'm starting a job in marketing at a tech company next month. It's a big step for me, and I'm looking forward to the challenge," High School Classmate 2 shared.

"I've landed a teaching position at the local high school. It's a great way for me to give back to the community," High School Classmate 3 stated.

"I'm still exploring my options, but I'm considering some internships. It's a big decision, and I want to make sure it's the right fit," High School Classmate 4 explained.

"It's wonderful to hear about your plans, and I have no doubt you'll all excel in your chosen fields," I said.

"Here's to our futures and the adventures that lie ahead!" High School Classmate 1 toasted.

They continued their conversation, sharing their hopes and dreams for the future, and celebrating their accomplishments and new opportunities.

With the fraternity brothers and sisters in the College of Law...

"It's fantastic to have all of you here tonight. Your friendship means the world to us," I said.

"Indeed, we've been through so much together, and it's great to catch up," Xavier added.

"So, what are your plans now that you're done with law school?" Rhea asked.

"Well, I've landed a job at a law firm, specializing in environmental law. It's a field I'm passionate about," I shared.

"That's amazing, Mercedes. You've always been dedicated to making a positive impact," Isobel praised.

"And what about you, Xavier?" Tanya inquired.

"I've started working at a corporate law firm, which is an exciting opportunity. I'm looking forward to the challenges it brings," Xavier explained.

"It's fantastic to see both of you achieving your goals," Suzette remarked.

"Do you have any plans for the future, like starting a family or moving to a different city?" Nicolo asked.

"Starting a family is something we've talked about. We'll focus on our careers for a while, but it's definitely in our plans," I said.

"And we're open to new adventures and the possibility of relocating. Life is full of opportunities, after all," Brent added.

"Your future looks incredibly bright. We're excited to see what's in store for you," Saul commented.