chapter 64 (Grateful Turns: Zekiel's Twist of Fate)

ZEKIEL's POV

"We're at Isla Paraiso for our yearly reunion. Lots of kids are playing by the shore. I feel fortunate to have this wonderful family and friends.

"Hey Zek, you lost in thought?" asked Mercedes.

"Oh, I was just watching the kids having fun by the sea," I said.

"Yeah, they're enjoying themselves."

"Then why do you seem worried?" I asked.

"Xandra called, we need to discuss some issues."

"That sounds important. Where should we meet?"

Mercedes replied, "At the hall."

The six of us - I and Mercedes, Ching and Kathrina, Marco and Xandra gathered to address a pressing issue.

Xandra: Hi everyone, thanks for being here. We need to discuss the challenges involving our kids—Archer, Chen Mei, and Cede. Chen Mei punched Archer due to something related to Cede. We must find a resolution.

Marco: Absolutely, let's understand the situation and find a solution.

Mercedes: Ching, did you get a chance to talk to Chen Mei?

Kathrina: We spoke to Chen Mei, but unfortunately, he refused to answer. I want to apologize for our son's actions. (Kathrina said tearfully.)

Ching: We're sorry too. It's important to hear her side of the story.

Xandra: Let's start by understanding what's happening between Cede, Archer, and Chen Mei.

Kathrina: Communication is key. Let's encourage the kids to express their feelings openly.

Marco: Yes, there must be a root cause for this.

Zekiel: We should guide our kids to handle conflicts better and foster understanding.

Mercedes: Let's work together to make things better for everyone.

Ching: Thanks for addressing this. Let's help the kids find a better way to handle their problems.

Xandra: We'll work together and support our kids through this.

Marco: Our focus should be on addressing the conflict without letting it affect us.

Xandra: We'll have heart-to-heart talks with our kids to understand their perspectives. Then, we'll reconvene for resolutions.

Mercedes: I agree. I have faith that we can resolve this.

Kathrina: Thank you for your understanding, and again, we apologize.

Xandra: Kathrina dear, we will resolve this. Don't blame yourself too much. We're here to help.

Mercedes: Let's let the issue cool down. For now, let's celebrate our family reunion.

Mercedes:  I know Archer and Cede have problems, but I don't know why Chen Mei got involved.

"We should talk to Cede and find out what happened from her side. Maybe she knows something we don't," I suggest.

Mercedes: Good idea. Let's hear her side of the story. And maybe we should also talk to Chen Mei to understand why he punched Archer.

"Exactly. We need to know everything before deciding what to do," I said.

Mercedes: Let's begin with Cede, hear what she says, and then try to figure things out.