chapter 57 ( Zekiel's Pursuit of Love:chasing eternity)

AUTHOR's POV

Zekiel: (Feeling sad, he turns off his phone to escape the constant messages, only to find a flood of messages from Ninang Xenia, Xyna, and Torres' Agent later.)

Ninang Xenia: (Message) Zekiel, Mercedes is at the resort in Talicud Island. You need to go there now.

Xyna: (Message) Kuya Zek, Ate Mercedes is at our resort in Talicud Island. Go get her.

Torres Agent: (Message) Sir Zekiel, Mercedes was spotted at Talicud. Act fast.

(His friends, Raphael, Vince, Marco, Thunder, Nickolai, Light, Thunder, Ching, Pau, Brixx, Aldrixx, and Paul, flood him with missed calls and messages.)

Raphael: (Missed Call) Buddy, answer your phone!

Vince: (Message) We're on our way to Talicud. Meet us there.

Marco: (Missed Call) Pick up! We've got to go!

Thunder: (Message) Target locked. Talicud Island. Now.

Ching: (Missed Call) Where are you? We're worried!

(As Zekiel deals with the messages, a powerful banging on his door disrupts the silence.)

Paul: (Pounding on the door) Zekiel, open up! It's urgent!

Raphael: (Shouting) Open the door!

Marco: (Urgent) Zekiel, we can't wait. Open the door now!

(Fueled by worry and urgency, Zekiel opens the door to find Paul, Raphael, and Marco, their faces filled with concern and determination.)

Paul: (Serious) Zekiel, we've got crucial information. Mercedes is at Talicud Island, where Xavier's urn is. We need to go there now!

Raphael: (Determined) It's time to face whatever's happening. Let's bring her back.

Marco: (Urgent) No more delays, buddy. Let's go.

(With a sense of urgency, the group sets off to Talicud Island)

Mercedes talks to Xavier's urn, pouring her sentiments and asking for a sign on whether or not to go through with the wedding.

Mercedes: "Xavier, I wish you were here, physically present. Zekiel's betrayal has thrown everything into chaos. Holding your urn, I pour my heart out, wondering what you would advise. Do I push through with the wedding, hoping for a resurgence of the love we once had, or do I walk away from the pain? I need a sign, a nudge in the right direction. Life feels complicated, and your absence is profoundly felt. Guide me, Xavier, in spirit or in silence. I'm listening."

Mercedes seeks advice from her Ninang Xenia regarding Zekiel's cheating and her hesitance to go through with the wedding.

Mercedes: "Ninang Xenia, I'm torn about Zekiel's betrayal, and the idea of going through with the wedding feels overwhelming. What should I do?"

Ninang Xenia: "Mercedes, these situations are never easy. Take a moment to reflect on your feelings. Do you believe in the possibility of forgiveness and rebuilding trust with Zekiel?"

Mercedes: "I'm not sure, Ninang. It's hard to see beyond the hurt."

Ninang Xenia: "Trust your instincts, dear. If your hesitation is strong, consider the long-term impact on your happiness. A conversation with Zekiel is crucial. Open communication may help you find clarity in this challenging situation."

Mercedes: "I am confused."

Ninang Xenia: "Mercedes, is there something giving you hope to continue with the wedding, even amid the pain?"