chapter 18 (Island Bliss: Navigating the Charms of Talicud)

XAVIER's POV

Party at CXA resort (Calex-Xenia Aragoncillo Resort) Talicud, Island

"Thank you all for being here tonight. We're celebrating not only passing the board exams and my work at Xavier's law firm but also the journey we've shared," Mercedes said.

"We couldn't have reached this point without your love and support. It means a lot to us," I added.

"You both have worked hard, and we're proud of your achievements. Congratulations on passing the board exams, Mercedes!" Daddy Calex praised.

"And Xavier, your law firm's reputation is growing. We're excited to see the great work you're doing," Mommy Xenia added.

"Mercedes, your dedication to social justice and the environment is admirable. We know you'll make a real impact at the firm," Xyna cheered.

"Cheers to your success, academically and professionally. We're here to celebrate with you and look forward to all the incredible things you'll accomplish," Xyra said.

"Thank you for your love, encouragement, and for being a part of our journey. We're looking forward to making a positive impact and sharing many more moments like this with you all," Mercedes and I expressed gratitude.

"Xavier, Mercedes, we've seen the love between you two grow and flourish. You're meant for each other," Daddy Calex remarked.

"While we celebrate your academic and professional accomplishments tonight, we also hope you'll continue to build a beautiful life together," Mommy Xenia added.

"We couldn't agree more. Your love is a source of inspiration for all of us. We hope to see you take the next step in your journey together," Xyna said.

"Marriage is a beautiful commitment, and we'd love to see you both continue your love story with a wedding. Your happiness is our happiness," Xyra expressed.

"Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. We'll cherish your support and keep it in our hearts as we look to the future," Mercedes and I responded.

"Xavier, Mercedes, we've been so thrilled to see your relationship blossom. You both make such a wonderful couple," Mommy Anita said with a smile.

"That's right. You're truly meant for each other, and we can see the love you share. It's a special connection," Alvin nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, Anita and Alvin. We appreciate your support and love," I expressed gratefully.

"Yes, it means the world to us," Mercedes added.

"You know, we've been thinking. The two of you have achieved so much in your careers and education. Perhaps it's time to think about settling down, starting a family, and giving us some beautiful grandchildren," Mommy Anita suggested.

"Well, it's something we've talked about, and we see it in our future," I said, surprised and touched.

"Yes, we're on the same page, and we're excited about the idea of starting a family," Mercedes said, smiling at me.

"That's wonderful to hear. We just want to see you both happy, and we know that family has always been important to you," Daddy Alvin expressed.

"You have our full support, and we'll be here every step of the way," Mommy Anita said teary-eyed.

"Thank you, Anita and Alvin. Your words mean the world to us, and we look forward to this new chapter in our lives," Mercedes and I said gratefully.

The conversation was filled with love and the promise of a new phase in our relationship as Mercedes and I embraced the idea of building a family and creating a future together.