chapter 54 (Trail of Miscommunication: Navigating the Rocky Path)

AUTHOR's POV

Zekiel was used to Mercedes saying no, so he went to the car racing event alone. There, he met his friends Marco, Vince, and Thunder. Zekiel had informed Mercedes about where he was going but didn't try again to invite her.

Zekiel: (Excited) Hey, guys! Ready for a great day at the car race?

Marco: Absolutely, Zekiel. It's been a while since we did this.

Vince: Can't wait to see those cars in action.

Thunder: Yeah, let's do it!

The group enjoyed the lively atmosphere of the car race, reveling in the revving engines and thrilling excitement. While exploring the event, Zekiel noticed a group of girls approaching.

Girl 1: (Flirting) Hey there! Are you one of the drivers?

Zekiel: (Smiling) Nah, just a fan. But I know a thing or two about these machines.

Girl 2: (Laughing) Well, that's impressive. Mind showing us around?

Zekiel: (Looking at his friends) Sure, why not? Guys, meet these lovely ladies.

Marco: (Grinning) Looks like Zekiel's the star today.

Vince: (Teasing) Who knew car races were such a hit with the ladies?

Thunder: Enjoy, Zekiel. We'll catch up later.

As Zekiel guided the girls around, Mercedes arrived, watching the scene from a distance.

Mercedes: (Noticing Zekiel with the girls, feeling frustrated and hurt) Typical. He goes off without me, and now he's the center of attention.

Mercedes debated whether to approach Zekiel or give him some space. The events at the car race made her uneasy, leaving her questioning their relationship dynamics.

Mercedes: (Approaching Zekiel, clearly upset) Zekiel, mind explaining what's going on here?

Zekiel: (Caught off guard) Mercedes, hey. These are just some fans interested in the cars. We were talking about the race.

Mercedes: (Sarcastically) Fans? Really? Seems like they're more interested in the driver than the race.

Girl 1: (Smirking) Oh, who's this? Another fan?

Mercedes: (Frustrated) No, I'm not a fan. I'm Zekiel's fiancée. And you?

Girl 2: (Challenging) Fiancée, huh? He didn't mention he had such a possessive one.

Zekiel: (Trying to defuse the tension) Mercedes, it's not like that.

Mercedes: (Igniting) Oh, it's exactly like that. I'm tired of being sidelined while you enjoy the attention of these "fans."

Girl 1: (Taunting) If you can't handle a little attention, maybe you're not cut out for the race scene.

Mercedes: (Stepping forward) You have no idea what I can handle. I'm up for a challenge. How about a little friendly competition, ladies?

Zekiel: (Concerned) Mercedes, come on. Let's not escalate things.

Mercedes: (Ignoring Zekiel) What do you say? A little race or maybe a test of skills?

Girl 2: (Smirking) You're on.

Girl 1: (Laughing) This should be interesting.

The tension between Mercedes and the girls escalated, creating an atmosphere of competition and challenge. Zekiel, caught in the middle, tried to navigate the situation and diffuse the growing conflict.