chapter 37 (Sun, Sand, and Love Getaway)

AUTHOR'S POV

"Alright, Zekiel, you can do this. It's time to take the first step," Zekiel said to himself (nervous but determined... he rang the doorbell).

"Oh, Zekiel! What brings you here?" Mercedes asked (surprised to see Zekiel).

"Hi, Mercedes. I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by. Is this a bad time?" Zekiel said (smiling).

"Not at all. Come on in. It's great to see you," Mercedes said (pleasantly surprised).

"Thanks for being so welcoming. I've missed our conversations, and I thought it would be nice to catch up," Zekiel said (feeling relieved).

"I've missed our talks too. Let's make some tea, and we can sit down for a chat," Mercedes said (grateful).

"That sounds perfect. Thanks for having me over, Mercedes," Zekiel said (appreciative).

As Zekiel took the first step to reconnect with Mercedes, he hoped that their conversation over tea marked the beginning of a new chapter in their relationship.

"Mercedes, I was wondering if you'd be open to having dinner with me. I'd love to catch up and spend some quality time together," Zekiel said (politely).

"Zekiel, that sounds like a lovely idea. I'd be delighted to have dinner with you," Mercedes said (smiling).

"Great! How about this Friday evening? I can make a reservation at that Italian restaurant you mentioned you liked," Zekiel said (grateful).

"Friday works for me, and I'd love to try that restaurant. Thank you for considering my preference," Mercedes said (pleased).

"My pleasure, Mercedes. I'll make the reservation, and I'm looking forward to our dinner date," Zekiel said (appreciative).

As Zekiel asked for a dinner date, their shared enthusiasm and consideration for each other's preferences set the stage for a memorable evening.

At the restaurant... dinner date:

"Mercedes here's to a wonderful evening and this fantastic restaurant. The ambiance is perfect," Zekiel said (raising his glass).

"The candlelight and the soft music create a romantic atmosphere," Mercedes said (clinking glasses).

"And the food is exquisite. I'm glad you suggested this place. The flavors are delightful," Zekiel said (savoring the food).

"The staff here is so attentive and friendly. It makes the dining experience even better," Mercedes said (appreciating the service).

"Everything about tonight is just right. I'm grateful we're here, sharing this meal and these moments," Zekiel said (smiling).

"I am too, Zekiel. It's a wonderful evening, and I'm enjoying it immensely," Mercedes said (contented).

"Mercedes, there's something I've been thinking about, and I wanted to talk to you about it," Zekiel said (nervously).

"Mercedes, what's on your mind, Zekiel?" Mercedes asked (curious).

"Gaining courage, I've enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know you better. I'd like to take our connection to the next level," Zekiel said (serious and confident).

"What do you mean, Zekiel?" Mercedes said (interested).

"I'd like to formally court you, Mercedes. I believe in taking things slow and getting to know each other more. Would you be open to that?" Zekiel said (serious and confident).