chapter 49 (timeless love: vintage inspired engagement party)

ZEKIEL's POV

After I asked Mercedes to marry me, everything went well for us. I went back to my job, and we both moved to General Santos City. Mercedes got a job at the PAO there. Now, our days are regular - I go to my law firm, and Mercedes works at the PAO office.

One night, during our dinner date, I brought up the topic of our engagement party.

Zekiel: When should we schedule our engagement party?

Mercedes: Any ideas for our engagement party?

Zekiel: Well, Mercedes, how about I handle the planning this time? I've got a few ideas.

Mercedes: What are they?

Zekiel: Ah, Mercedes, it's going to be a surprise. Trust me, I want to make it unforgettable for you.

Mercedes: I want to know the details of our engagement party. Can we plan it together?

Zekiel: Ced, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but how about I keep it a secret? I want to surprise you.

Mercedes: Alright, Zekiel, I'll trust your planning skills. Surprise me with our engagement party.

Zekiel: That's the spirit, Mercedes. It's going to be amazing, I promise.

One weekend, I called my friends for some consultation over drinks regarding the engagement party.

You: I want to discuss something special for our engagement party. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Raphael: Unique engagement party? Count me in! What's on your mind?

You: Well, I was thinking about doing something completely unexpected. How about we rent a historic mansion for the event? It would be a fantastic backdrop for a unique party.

Marco: That's a brilliant idea! A historic mansion would certainly make it unique. We could even encourage everyone to dress in vintage attire to fit the theme.

Vince: Vintage outfits, like the 1920s or 1950s? I'm in for that! Let's create a whole atmosphere.

Ching: I can arrange for a dance instructor to teach some classic dances like the Charleston or the Swing. It would be so much fun!

Orlan: How about a vintage game? Typewriter Guest Book. We will set up a vintage typewriter for guests to type messages or well wishes. It creates a charming and nostalgic guest book or Love Letter Writing, we will provide vintage stationery and encourage guests to write love letters or notes to you as a keepsake. You can read them on your first anniversary.

Brixx: We could have a unique photo booth with props and costumes that match the vintage theme. People love taking photos at parties.

Aldrixx: I can hire a vintage photographer who can take photos using old-fashioned techniques, like tintypes or daguerreotypes.

Thunder: We should consider unique transportation, like a horse-drawn carriage to arrive in style from the gate to the entrance of the lawn.

Light: How about a live jazz band? They can play some classic tunes from the era.

Storm: For the menu, we can go for a vintage-inspired feast with dishes that were popular at that time.

Paul: We should incorporate storytelling into the event, where you and your partner share anecdotes about your relationship journey.

Nickolai: And let's send out invitations in the form of old-fashioned telegrams or handwritten letters.

You: These are all incredible ideas, guys! I knew I could count on your creativity. I think this engagement party is going to be unforgettable.