chapter 31 (a night to reminisce)

ZEKIEL's POV

I'm on a sea adventure on my yacht, thinking about Mercedes and wondering how she's doing. Even though I have information about her, I feel it would be better to see her in person.

It's been almost two years since Mercedes went for her studies in Spain. My heart is filled with longing as I think about reconnecting with her. I know I need to approach this with care and sensitivity.

Taking a deep breath, I decide to send her a heartfelt message expressing my desire to see her and catch up, giving her the space to respond in her own time.

Inviting Mercedes for dinner during my trip to Spain for a business transaction seems like a thoughtful idea. It provides an opportunity for us to spend time together and catch up. I plan to be genuine in my intentions and enjoy the dinner without any expectations. It's a chance to rekindle our connection and support her through her healing process.

My emotions are a mix of excitement and nervousness as I receive Mercedes' acceptance of my dinner invitation. Knowing that she is willing to spend time with me in Spain is a positive sign, and I look forward to the opportunity to reconnect with her and show my support. At the same time, I feel a sense of responsibility to ensure that the evening is comfortable and enjoyable for both of us, considering our shared history and Mercedes' ongoing healing process.

Dinner date

at a restaurant in Spain...

I picked a hotel for our dinner date with a beautiful setting that combines luxury, ambiance, and great food.

As we walk in, we're welcomed by an elegant entrance with soft, dimmed lighting, creating a cozy atmosphere. The decor is a mix of modern and classic elements, giving off a sophisticated vibe.

The dining area has comfortable seating arrangements for couples, with tables adorned with fine linen and beautiful tableware. Each table is lit by candlelight, creating a warm and romantic atmosphere.

The menu is filled with gourmet dishes prepared by top-notch chefs, and the wine list offers fine wines and champagnes to pair with the food.

The wait staff is attentive and discreet, taking care of our needs while giving us space for private conversation. A string quartet provides live music, adding melodies to the overall ambiance.

The hotel is a perfect romantic haven, allowing us to enjoy delicious food, create special memories, and bask in the joy of being together in a luxurious and enchanting environment.

It's delightful to see Mercedes looking stunning in her black gown. Black gowns are a classic choice for special occasions, and her style, combined with the gown's design, must create a striking and memorable look.

"Ceds, I must say, you look stunning in that black gown. It's a perfect choice for tonight," I said.

"Thank you, Zek. I appreciate that. And you, well, you clean up pretty nicely yourself. That suit suits you well; you look gorgeous!" Mercedes.

"I'm glad you think so. I wanted to make sure I looked my best for our dinner," I replied.

"Well, you certainly succeeded. Let's enjoy this evening and the chance to catch up," Mercedes.

"Yeah, let's toast to a memorable night," I said and clinked my glass with hers.

"I remember you were working on a master's degree. How's it going, and how are you doing?" I asked.

"Thanks for asking. My master's degree is demanding, but I'm managing well. The coursework is challenging, but it's been a fulfilling journey," Mercedes replied.