chapter (12 New Beginnings Dinner: Celebrating Career Success)

MERCEDES's POV

We're on a fancy yacht for a special dinner celebration arranged by Xavier. The sunset creates a warm glow over the calm waters. The yacht is elegant and screams wealth, with extraordinary furnishings.

Xavier holds my hand as we walk to our reserved table, and a gentle breeze ruffles our hair. The butler hands me a beautiful bouquet as we enter, and we settle into our seats at a beautifully set table on the deck.

Dining under the stars on the sea is heartwarming and romantic. I'm wearing an elegant maroon maxi dress with nude stilettos and a handbag. The scenery is breathtaking, and I thank Xavier for arranging this dinner to celebrate my new job.

"Anything for you, Mercedes. It's a big achievement, and I wanted to make it special. Here's to your success!" Xavier replies, looking dashing in his suit.

Soft music plays in the background, creating an intimate ambiance with flickering candles on the table. The sea scent and gentle yacht sway add to the enchantment.

As we enjoy dinner under the starlit sky, our conversation flows easily. We talk about our journey, challenges, and dreams for the future. The evening celebrates not only my professional success but also our enduring love and support for each other.

"Xav, this dinner you've prepared is amazing. I'm touched by the effort and love you've put into it. It's a perfect way to celebrate this special moment. Thank you for making it so memorable," I say.

"You're welcome," Xavier said.

"Xav, this dinner on the yacht is incredible! Thank you for arranging it to celebrate my new job," I said.

"Anything for you, Ced. It's a big achievement, and I wanted to make it special. Here's to your success!" Xavier said.

"Cheers! You've always been my biggest supporter. I couldn't have done it without you by my side," I said, and we clinked glasses.

"I'm just so proud of you, Ced. You've worked so hard to get to this point. Your dedication and passion have brought you here," Xavier said.

"It means the world to me that you believe in me like you do. Your love and encouragement have been my driving force," I said, holding Xavier's palms.

"Well, I do not doubt that you'll excel in your new role. And I'll always be here to cheer you on, no matter what," Xavier said.

"Thank you, Xav. I'm so lucky to have you. And speaking of which, I have something for you too," I said, handing him an envelope.

"What's this?" Xavier asked.

"Open it, and you'll find out," I said.

Xavier opens the envelope, revealing two tickets for a romantic getaway.

"A weeklong getaway? Mercedes, this is amazing!" Xavier exclaimed.

"I thought we could use a little escape to celebrate together. After all, your support has been instrumental in my success," I said.

"You're the best, Ced. I can't wait for our little adventure. This is such a wonderful surprise," Xavier said teary-eyed.

"Well, here's to new beginnings and celebrating our love," Xavier said with sparkles in his eyes.

"To new beginnings and our enduring love. Cheers!" Xavier.

We raise our glasses once more, with smiles reflecting our deep affection for each other.

The night continued, filled with laughter, love, and the promise of a future brimming with shared dreams and adventures. Our yacht dinner was indeed "A Night to Remember," marking another significant milestone in our journey together.

XAVIER's POV:

I'm super excited about the weeklong getaway with Mercedes. I appreciate Ced's initiative a lot, and I'm genuinely surprised.

I'm filled with a mix of excitement about the vacation with Mercedes. It's touching how thoughtful and caring she is, not just for celebrating her new job but also for acknowledging my support and love. It warms my heart to know that Mercedes values our relationship and wants us to spend quality time together. I can't wait to embark on this adventure and create beautiful memories that will strengthen our bond even more. I feel incredibly lucky to have Mercedes in my life, and I'm looking forward to the romantic escape.

I had a plan for our upcoming vacation. I wanted to make it special for Mercedes. I thought about taking long walks on the beach, exploring new places, and just enjoying each other's company without the usual stress of work and daily life.  I saw the vacation as an opportunity for us to create wonderful memories, and enjoy the beauty of life together. I was eagerly looking forward to the adventure, promising a week filled with love, relaxation, and new experiences with Mercedes.

MERCEDES's POV:

I can't contain my excitement about the upcoming weeklong vacation with Xavier. As I think about it, a sense of joy and anticipation fills my heart. It's not just a getaway; it's a chance to escape from the daily grind, unwind, and celebrate my new job with the person I love.

I imagine long walks on the beach, cozy dinners under the stars, and lazy mornings in a picturesque setting. The idea of quality time together without the distractions of work and daily responsibilities makes me feel content and cherished.

I know this vacation is not only a way to relax and recharge but also an opportunity to strengthen our bond. I cherish every moment I spend with Xavier and am eager to create new memories, reaffirm our love, and deepen our connection during this special week.

Overall, the thought of the weeklong vacation with Xavier brings a sense of happiness and anticipation, reminding me of the love and companionship we share and the beautiful moments we're about to experience together.

XAVIER's POV

I sat on my porch, sipping whisky, surrounded by calmness, thinking about the upcoming weeklong getaway with Mercedes. I felt content and relaxed, knowing that we were about to take a well-deserved break.

The gentle breeze and the sound of ice cubes clinking in my glass added to my excitement. I thought about the special moments we would have during the vacation: walking on the beach, exploring new places, and just enjoying each other's company without the stress of work and daily life.

I felt thankful for Mercedes, grateful for her careful planning of the trip and the love we shared. It was a time for us to reconnect, create special memories, and appreciate the beauty of life together.

I couldn't wait for the adventure to start. As I took another sip of whisky, I raised my glass to the week ahead, looking forward to the excitement and the promise of love, relaxation, and new experiences with Mercedes.

***********************************************************************************************11062023Monday112pm