Chpt. 7 embracing motherhood

Her heart raced with a mixture of excitement, anxiety, and overwhelming love as she held her newborn baby in her arms for the very first time.

The room was filled with the soft hum of medical equipment and the occasional hushed whisper from Tony and Bruce. But for Nat, the world had narrowed down to this tiny bundle of life cradled against her chest. She couldn't tear her eyes away from the fragile miracle she had brought into the world.

The baby, swaddled in a soft blanket, gazed up at Nat with eyes that seemed to hold the wisdom of the ages. Their eyes locked, and Nat felt an immediate and unbreakable connection. Tears welled up in her eyes as she studied every detail of her baby's face – the tiny nose, the rosebud lips, the piercing green eyes and the wisps of red hair that adorned the precious head.

She could hardly believe that this tiny human was her own flesh and blood, a part of her that would forever change her life. Nat's heart swelled with a love so profound it was almost painful. Nothing could have prepared her for this overwhelming rush of emotions.

„Her name is Elinor" she whispered, with her eyes filled with adoration for her daughter and her beating rapidly. Bruce and Tony slowly walked up to her to admire this new family member. „What did you say Nat?" Tony whispered carefully. „Her name. Her name will be Elinor, she looks like an Elinor" Nat smiled with a single tear rolling down her cheek.

The next couple of hours where nothing but a blur for her. Tony and Bruce checked out the two of them to make sure mother and daughter are well and healthy. All test came back normal and now it was time to fill out the birth certificate. They signed their name onto it and now the little girl's name is officially Elinor Romanov.

A few hours later she was allowed to have guest. The rest of the team came filled with curiosity about what is really going on here. When they entered the room, the stopped in their tracks in shock. When they saw Nat holding a baby their heart swelled with pride. Them moved closer and asked her how this was even possible.

Nat explained that she actually couldn't have kids, but somehow it happened, her own little gift from heaven. Everyone was so happy to welcome this new member, but soon the question of who the father was came up. She lied to them and told them that she didn't know it and for the moment they seem to buy it.

Over the next two weeks Nat had to speed learn how to handle a new born baby. She had to learn how to to hold her correctly or how to feed her. At first she said she don't wanted to breastfeed, but after the fail with Elinor taking the bottle it changed. Little Elinor didn't like the bottle and refuses to take it, instead she always turned her little head towards her mothers breast.

The whole team was beyond excited about her daughter. They pampered them both, to the point where Nat was constantly annoyed being treated like glass. She recovered quickly from the whole birth giving process and was back as her old self in no time.

One afternoon the whole team, including Nat and Elinor went shopping for her new room.
They picked up a light pink as the room color along with a lot of furniture in white to make the room bright and welcoming. Not to forget the huge amount off plushies they bought for her.
A lot of clothes in all sorts of colors also landed in the trolley. The after fun was filled with lots of smaller arguments but also laughter and lots of fun.

The next day it was time go her her room/nursery done. It took the whole day but in the evening it was all done. Nat was so proud of them and hugged each of them.

After a few more months everyone has adapted to this new family member. Elinor maybe have only her mother as a parent but she got a bunch of uncles and aunts to raise her as well.