Chpt.18 bonding time

Elinor's POV
I was almost wake the whole night. In the early morning hours I woke up to a ruffling sound that came from behind in of the walls, from my cell where I was kept in. I got a bit scared, because I couldn't make out, from the sound they made.

A while later I heard a weird sound coming from the vents and a red mist floating into the air. I got scared and tried to escape, being scared to death.

The mist filled the entire space of my cell and I started to get a weird feeling and I got a bit dizzy.

The dizziness got worse. I tried to blink it away and after a few minutes it worked.

When my vision started to clear so did my mind. Some memory segments started to play in my mind. They were from the time l, where I was about four or five years old.

The door of my cell opened and the woman from yesterday entered. When I looked at her, I recognized her.

I glanced at Natasha, who sat up straight, her heart pounding.

"Ellis," Natasha said, her voice trembling with emotion.

My eyes widened as I took in the sight of my beloved mother. The recognition dawned in my eyes, and I rushed forward, throwing my tiered arms around her, Natasha.

"Mo-mom is that really you" I cried, my eyes filled with tears of joy.

Tears welled up in her eyes as well as she hastily embraced me, as fast as she could, fearing that I would disappear every second.

She released me after five minutes. When we looked at each other, a single tear rolled down my cheek. I was so happy to have my family, my mother back.

The two Avengers, my uncles Tony and Bruce watched this touching scene, their own eyes misting with emotion. This was a family brought back together, and looked proud and honored to witness it. After our initial embrace, when mom and I pulled back we are still holding each other's hands.

"Mom, I remember, everything " I said, my voice shaky but determined. "I remember everything. The Red Room, the training, the pain. But I also remember you, and the love you gave me."

My mom's eyes were filled with tears of relief and joy. "I'm so glad you're back, Elli I missed you so very much, words can't describe it." she smiled, her voice trembling with emotions.

When the four of us, including me and my mom, as well as my uncles Tony and Bruce, walked into the living room, where I felt a familiar sensation of belonging.

When the elevator doors opened I saw that everyone was there sitting on the couches. There was Captain America, the one I had fought against only a few hours back. Next up a man with a mental arm and long dark brown hair, it was my uncle Bucky. An other man turned my head towards me. Something inside of me clicked, it was my funny and mischievous uncle Clint.

When they saw us, they jumped up and run basically at us. We were engulfed in a big and bone crushing hug, it was nice to feel beloved and welcome again.

Tony, unable to contain himself, clapped his hands. "Well, now that we've got the family reunion out of the way, how about some storytelling?" He gestured for everyone to gather around.

They all settled in, and one by one, the Avengers began sharing stories of the time before I had been taken by the Red Room.

Uncle Steve and Bucky recounted the time they went with me to a nice restaurant. We had shared a meal at a typical New York diner.

Clint Barton, Hawkeye, talked about our training sessions together, how I had shown an innate talent for archery. He also mentioned the time we sat laughing in the vents, looking at the pranked Avengers.

Bruce Banner, the Hulk, mentioned how I had once helped him in the lab with a particularly tricky experiment. And how amazed I was by all the equipment. I smiled because I could basically see my younger self there.

As each Avenger shared their memories, my green eyes filled with tears, wonder and gratitude. I did not only learning about my past but also discovered the deep bond ragt I once had with these extraordinary individuals.

It was a surreal experience, piecing together my long lost life with the Avengers, the family who had missed me dearly all these years.

My uncle Steve smiled warmly at me. "Elli, you are like a daughter to all of us. We never gave up hope that you would return."

The stories continued into the night, weaving a tapestry of cherished memories that had been hidden from me for far too long.

As the hours passed, it became evident that the Avengers were not just a team; they were a family, my family. And now, I was finally back home.

My mom and I shared a knowing look, our hearts full of gratitude and luck. The Red Room had taken so much from both of us, but it could never steal the love and connection we had deep within our heart.

With our family by our sides, we were more than ready to face the challenges of the future and make up for the time we had lost.