Chpt.21 a night to remember

The next day I woke up with a burst of excitement and anxiety. I was nervous and excited about the party today at the same time. It was my first real party where I was allowed to attend to. To alleviate the at her parties I wasn't allowed to because I was too young, but now it was finally time. And from what I saw on social media these parties were an absolutely blast.

On the breakfast table we chatted about the evening that is about to come. We talked about what to wear.

I mean I'm 17 years old and I've never been to a real party. So I went online, Pinterest to he more exact to get some inspiration.

I was on my phone for like three hours and lost track of time. By the time I was done it was time for lunch.

After lunch I went up into my room tying to find if I have something like what I saw online.

So when I closed the door I checked the time, it said that it's 3pm. 3pm that means I have enough time to go through my closet and after that I will get ready.

What I found was awesome and luckily for me I have all the stuff that I need in my closet.

I had the exact glittery party dress along with the matching heals. I was so excited because my mom actually convinced me to buy them because according to her 'when the time was right I will need it', that's what she said back then. And now she was right, I will need and wear it tonight so I could impress her.

 And now she was right, I will need and wear it tonight so I could impress her

So after I hopped out of the shower I went to blow dry my hair. It had grown quite a bit through all of the years, I also never dared to cut it short, I only trimmed the edges. So I looked into the mirror and realized that my hair is now going almost all the way down to my hips.

For me personally it was now too long, so I picked up my phone, opened You Tube and looked for a hair cutting tutorial.

It was easy to follow and now my hair only went past my shoulder blades. I put the front part of it behind my head and tied it. I then used a curling iron to curl my hair slightly.

After that I opened the countless drawers under my bathroom sink, trying to find my make up stuff. After some searching I finally found them. There were bunch of brushes in all sort of sizes and shapes, some are small perfect eyeshadow and others are big and plushy perfect blush.

I took all of them out along with a nice looking beige and gold make up palette. I did a simply make up by skipping the whole foundation part and I went straight for the eyes. I put on beige and gold eye shadow and blended it nice and smooth. For the final touch up I made a nice eyeliner.

When I left the bathroom to get dressed I game too ok the clue that I must've had spend more time than I thought I would. And I was right it was now 6pm, so only two hours before the party starts. So for the remaining time I finished getting ready, which means putting in my dress and heels. I practiced walking, jumping and even running because you'll never know.

I arrived at the party in the living room shortly after 8pm. This place was already crowded and the music was plastic through the indoor speaker. It was loud and vibrant, some people are sitting around sharing drinks and talking. Others are on the dance floor jumping around and enjoying their time.

I in the other hand searched the room with my eyes, looking for my mom or one of my uncles.

I joined them at the bar, they were already drinking but none of them was drunk or tipsy.
I sat down next to my uncle Steve who was sipping on a cold beer.

A cold drink was handed over to my the handsome looking bar tender. When I looked at my mom she just smirked at me and winked with one eye. I guessed that there was actually alcohol in it.

I had a few more of these and the alcohol started to have an effect on me. I was dancing on the dance floor with some people, I didn't know their names, when everything seems to be in slow motion. The flickering and colorful lights started to swirl and dance with me as I sawed to the beat.

A few hours later I was definitely drink and going to pay for it tomorrow, but for now I don't care. I was having the time of my life, drinking and dancing just like a normal teenager.

Soon I was out of breath from dancing the whole night. So I sat down on the couches, just to see that everyone else was in the same state as I am, exhausted or and drunk.

It was now just us, the other guests have disappeared and went home.

I almost fall asleep in this comfy couch thinking that this was really a night to remember.