Chpt.17 bringing back old memories

Natasha practically ran out of the room. On her way to Bruce and Tony's lab, the events of the past hours came back into her mind.

After they got notified that the biometric fingerprint scanner scanned her daughter's fingerprint she was taken a back. At first she didn't believe it, but then she saw the fight of the intruder against Steven, aka Captain America. During the fight between these two she frozen the whole screen go get a better and closer look at the threat.

What she saw let her heart stop. There was the face o her daughter on the big screen. It was almost the same, just older and a different expression on it. Her eyes looked dull and sad.

After the fight was over she volunteered to interview her, to get information out of her. In the cell, when she saw her laying there on that bench, her motherly instincts kicked in and she wanted to do nothing more than to hug her tight and never let her go.

But it all changed when she girl woke up. She didn't seam to recognize her, as her mother. It broke her heart to see her daughter not being able to remember her own mother and what was the worst part, she looked scared.

Being a skilled and well trained spy she saw behind that false fake confidence. The moment where only the window was separating she saw the similarities. Everything saw almost identical to her, except the fact that she has paler skin.

The moment Natasha couldn't take it anymore was, when her daughter raised her voice a bit. She sounded almost like her true love, Loki.
She went out to clear her mind.

On her way out she ordered one agent to get some hot food as well as a blanket of the girl in the cell. Ne just nodded and quickly hurried off.

On her way to the lab she tried to think of any possible solution to get her old daughter back. I feared that she red room has completely brainwashed her and there were no memories of her old life somewhere left. Also she was troubled by the fear of how Elli will react when she really saw her again. She was scared that she might hate her or wouldn't wanted to have something to do with her. She knew what she has experienced in the red room and knowing that her daughter went through the exact same torture makes her furios.

„ It's her! It's really her, and we have to do anything that is possible to get her back" she announced, still in shock as she entered the lab.

„Who is who? Natasha what on earth are you talking about?" Bruce asked her concerned. For the next half an hour she explained what she thought and saw.

The two of them were more than shocked at Nat's discovery. So they checked all the cameras and the security footage and it turned out that all the face marks matched and it was truly her. They all cheered at that and where more than happy. Nat started to look sad at the two scientists. When they asked what's wrong she explained that she, her daughter, had basically no memories. And it was like her whole life that she had before the capturing didn't exist at all.

„I guess I have an idea" Bruce suddenly exclaimed happily. He explained that there was a chance to get her memory back. „By creating a special gas with neurological transmitters the memories should be released. And with a bit of luck it should erase the brain washing from he red room"

„Thank you so much Bruce! Please can you do that" Nat cheered excited, while hugging him. He was just as surprised as she was from that action.

Over the next few hours until the early morning hours, they worked to get it ready. Natasha was way to nervous and excited to sleep during that night, so she stayed up the entire time waiting and helping as best as she could.

When the clock strikes 6am Bruce and Tony announced proudly that the serum/gas is ready.

The three of the, went to Elli's cell. She was already awake so they used another way around so they could do this without being noticed by her.

Tony, with his trademark wit and a dash of impatience, pointed at a vial filled with a shimmering red serum. "This better work, Banner. Elli's been through enough. We can't afford any more mistakes."

Bruce, nodded in agreement, his brow furrowed with determination. "I've triple-checked the formula, Stark don't worry. This should reactivate her memories without any side effects."

The plan was simple, yet fraught with uncertainty. Elli's cell was equipped with a ventilation system that extended into the lab. Once the serum was released into the air, it would slowly make its way to her, gently coaxing her lost memories back.

Bruce carefully loaded the serum into the lab's venting system. As it hissed softly through the pipes, the three Avengers watched anxiously. Minutes stretched into hours, and tension filled the room.

Then, as if a gentle breeze had passed through the lab, Elli jumped up, being clearly scared. The young woman, previously lost in a haze of confusion, blinked her eyes, momentarily disoriented.

"Elli?" Natasha called, her voice a mix of hope and concern. "Do you remember?"

Elli placed her hand to her temple, her eyes slowly focusing on the three familiar faces before her. A faint smile played on her lips, the weight of forgotten memories returning to her.

"I remember," she whispered. "I remember everything."

The three of them looked at each other, their faces filled with tears of happiness and triumph.

Nat slowly went to the door off he cell and opened it. She took a few steps in approaching her daughter. „Do-do you truly remember me" she asked carefully.

Her eyes teared up when she looked into the eyes of Natasha, the memories floating back at her. „Mo-mom is that really you" she cried.
Nat didn't hesitate and hugged her tight.