Chpt.29 the red room is back

Three days after new year's eve we went back to New York. Looking back at the past two weeks I can definitely say that it was fun and relaxing and it feels like my life was finally perfect. I had everything I could've ever wished for. And the best thing is that that I even excepted my frost giant heritage.

One time while I was sipping on my ice cold pineapple juice when I felt the similar sensation of when I turned blue the last time. I got scared a little bit because I still wasn't used to it but my father was there in an instant. He sat down next to me and he calmed me down with breathing together. I felt my eyes shift and now I was light blue and red eyes. I was extremely insecure but when I saw that he was also blue, just darker I was confused. I looked down and saw that he has touched the freezing cold glass. A slight laugh escaped my mouth.

When uncle Tony came over we both got a bit tense because we knew how much he loves to give everyone funny nicknames. „Hey look at that, dad Smurf and the little Smurfette" he laughed. We all joined in and from now on I knew that neither of us needs to be scared or uncomfortable.

So now it's a week into the new year and everything was quiet around the tower. No emergencies or missions that needed the Avengers attention. Even though it was nice I still have this weird feeling deep down in my guts that something terrible is going to happen. And I knew that it's going to happen soon and I knew that it will be life changing.

But for now I continue to live my life so nobody gets worried. But I knew that sooner or later I need to tell somebody. So after I got out of bed and was standing right in front of my closet, my clothes picking was interrupted by JARVIS telling me to come down into the gym. I told him that I will meet down in a minute. I quickly grabbed my new workout clothes and shoes I got from my uncles, changed into the, and ran down to the gym.

In the gym I was greeted with my parents and Steve. After I said good morning I asked them why I had to be here this early. They told me that they wanted to show me how to use the knives I got. I was pretty excited about that because I had already practiced in secrets I knew that I could impress them.

And I impressed them indeed. They where stunned when I hit bullseye for the first time I threw one of the knives. I must that that they are incredibly easy to throw, much more balanced and lighter that the kitchen knives I've tried before. „You are definitely a native" my father smiled proudly at me. „Yeah it runs in the family" I grinned at him. My mom was also proud of me and hugged me. We conto practice for a few more hours. During that time my father showed me some cool new tricks for example how to flip knives during battle. With my mom and uncle Steve I practiced these tricks and various techniques in combat. It was fun but in the end I was exhausted.

After the gym session it headed straight into the shower. The warm water was everything what my tensed muscled needed. It took my time to relax and shower. When I was dried of I picked a comfy outfit which consisted of a sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. I was pleased with my look and thought that I looked more than presentable, so I went down into the living room.

Everyone was chatting and sipping on a coffee so I sat down between my mom and dad and asked them what else we are going to do today. They were about to tell me something when all of a sudden JARVIS voice came through the speaker. „Attention everyone the tower is under attack. The security system got ha-hacked"

We all went into Defence mode. My father immediately conjured four knives and handed me two. My mom pulled out a gun from under the couch checked if it was loaded. Everyone else took out their weapons and in no time we are all suit up.

The next thing I know was that the windows were crashed and a doused people all dressed in black and red are swarming in. I was panicking but I did my best to keep a calm mind. Somehow my mind went into muscle memory or better to say mission mode from years before and I was highly concentrated. A smoke bomb went of, my ears are ringing and the entire room was filled with thick smoke.

Someone came towards me and attacked me. The hand to hand combat was though but I had muscle memory all these years of training, but I was still tired from todays practice. My fighting was not as effective as I hoped it would be, because it seems like I was fighting against my own shadow. So as my last resort I used a new move that my father had shown me. In to time the was on the ground and unconscious.

I ran over to my mom who didn't saw a person sneaking up to her with a knife in his hand while she was fighting against three man. A bit unfair if you'd ask me, but now that doesn't count. I nocked out that man but right before he landed a few good punches on me. Great I thought, now my head and ribs are pulsing from pain. I sharply inhaled when I lifted the man up and slammed him onto the hard floor.

My mom and I finished these guys of at the same time. I smiled at her and she thanked me for taking care of that guy. Then out of nowhere I got kicked into the chest and flew across the room. I landed hard on my back and my head connected harsh with the ground. For that point my vision was blurry and I couldn't think straight anymore. I could barely make out shapes, but I still saw my mom taking care of this person that was attacking me.

She ran up to me lifted my head and inspected it closely. I asked her what's wrong so she cold me that I must've a concussion and my head was slightly bleeding. Another one was aiming straight at us. Right before he was about to shoot us, a knife pierces right through his chest. He felt lifeless onto the ground. When I looked closer at the soldiers uniform I froze in shock. „The red room is back" I whispered scared to my mom.