SEVEN.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER SEVEN:
More like a dysfunctional family.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

               Within a few hours, Aki had almost drawn Chuuya to understanding the hype behind his ex-partners infatuation with suicide. Perhaps, he had met Aki once, maybe even just fleeting, and that was enough for him to hyper-fixate on the idea of death. She was a nuisance. An absolute pain in the ass. She was supposed to be shadowing him—helping him out, but instead, she either sat on his desk, fiddling with the stationary or made a mess of his office. She would pull a book out, and instead of putting it back in its place, would leave it elsewhere in the room and she never put the lids back on his pens. She sighed a lot too, as if her mere existence was such a bore—or rather, Chuuya was. It was driving him fucking crazy.

                  After exactly four hours, twenty-three minutes and fifteen seconds, Chuuya had enough. He had gotten up from his seat whilst Aki was drawing doodles on his paperwork and announced they had somewhere to be. Glad to leave the office, Aki didn't question it, and excitedly hopped off the desk. She followed Chuuya in skips, swinging her arms back and forth. Bat-shit, Chuuya thought, bat-shit crazy.

                   Aki followed him through the halls until they came across a lounge area. The doors were already cracked open and Aki could hear muffled voices of people talking. Chuuya barged in, opening the door wides as he took Aki by the shoulders, "Alright, it's your turn now. You punks can babysit the demon. I've had enough." He announced upon entering, leading Aki into the room as though he was herding sheep.

                    Aki's lips parted into an 'O' shape, "This is rather quite rude." She said in an offended tone, finding her eyes narrowing. She was not some toy to be passed around. Mori's orders had been strict—he was supposed to be the one keeping an eye on her, no one else. Aki didn't want it to be anyone else.

                    "I don't give a shit," Chuuya fired back at her, his hands still clamped on her shoulders. He looked around the room that consisted of Tachihara, Higuchi, Gin and Akutagawa. "One of you has gotta take her or I swear to fucking God, I'm launching myself out of the next available window." Oh, so dramatic.

                    Higuchi, who was sitting beside Akutagawa on a red sofa perked her head up, a surprise look on her face, "But the Boss said—"

                   "I know what the Boss said. But you've gotta help me out, man," Chuuya spoke over her pleadingly. Slowly but surely, Aki began to grin. Had she really annoyed him that much? Was he at his breaking point already? She thought he would last a bit longer, but nevertheless, a win was a win. "It's like babysitting a toddler. I haven't got a single piece of paperwork done. You gotta take her." He was practically begging. Of course, he could order them to watch over the vexing woman, but that wasn't really his style.

                    The three exchanged glances. Akutagawa sighed heavily, and then coughed into his hand, "Only because you have paperwork to finish." He said with a nod, giving Chuuya a look that told him this would not be a regular thing. He wasn't a babysitter by any means and he had no intentions of getting to know the Seismic Manipulator—though, her abilities did have him curious. But still, Akutagawa majorly respected Chuuya, so he wasn't above helping him out.

                   Chuuya sighed in relief before pushing Aki further into the room, "Stay away from me for the next couple of hours." He ordered as Aki turned to face him, tucking her hands behind her back, putting a smile on her lips but she didn't say anything. The smile bugged Chuuya and it made him let out a small tut. God, even the slightest thing she did irked him.