FORTY-EIGHT.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT:
I love it when you talk dirty to me.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aki woke the following morning to the smell of home-cooked food. It was what pulled her from her dreamless sleep, the smell tingling at her nostrils. A small groan escaped her lips as she rolled on the couch, wrapped up beneath blankets. She poked her head out from beneath the blanket over her head, her hair slightly frizzy and tangled as she looked around. She had almost thought the night before had been some kind of dream—but it wasn't. She was in Chuuya's cabin, laying on the couch, the fire burning in the fireplace. Her eyes scanned the room, searching for the man in question. When she spotted him, a smile crossed her lips.

He was standing in the open-plan kitchen, using a spatula to flip over bacon that sizzled in a pan. He was still wearing the same clothes from the night before, looking so comfy and domestic as he cooked, his hair pulled back into a low and messy bun. Aki drank him in, watching the muscles in his back flex as he pushed the bacon around in the pan, his bare finger wrapped around the spatula.

She sat up, pushing the blankets off her bare legs. She was only in her underwear and his sweater that barely covered her ass. Her bare feet took her across the living room, feeling the heat of the fire on her bare skin as she passed it. She crept up behind him before wrapping her arms around his waist—though, he didn't seem startled by her presence, as if he had felt her coming for him.

She poked her head around the side of him, watching the bacon cook in the pan, linking her hands around his front, "What a good little housewife you are, Nakahara." She teased him, a smile tugging on the corner of her lips.

Chuuya scoffed but leaned into her nevertheless, "Bacon's just about the only thing I know how to cook. I stepped out to the nearby farmers market whilst you were asleep. Figured we should probably eat—even if it is cremated bacon." He said, leaning himself down to give her a quick peck on the lips.

Aki laughed a little, looking at the bacon that was definitely over-cooked, "You're doing better than me. The bacon would have been incinerated by now." She told him, giving him a tight squeeze before releasing her grip on him to hop onto the countertop, her legs dangling over the ledge.

Chuuya sighed, a smile on his lips, "We're hopeless." He concluded.

Aki shrugged, "It's fine, when we move in together we can hire a cook or something." She told him casually, making Chuuya still a little. She was talking about their future so naturally that it made his heart skip a beat. He had done it the night before when he told her if anyone was going to be the mother of his children, then it would be her—but he had only been reassuring her then. But there she was, talking about a life they could potentially have with each other—a life further into the future when their ties were no longer connected to any organisations. Where they could just be Aki and Chuuya, not the Gravity Manipulator and the Seismic Manipulator.

Chuuya stepped in between her legs, putting his hands on both her thighs, looking up at her with a boyish grin, "So, you wanna move in with me?" He teased her, making her eyes suddenly widen when she realised what she had said—and how casually she had said it.

Her back straightened out, "I—I just meant— actually, fuck you, you already know what I meant." She stuck her nose in the air, her cheeks burning.