FORTY-THREE.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE:
Pick up the gun.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

              Smoke was pouring through the room, wafting up Aki's nose, making her swallow it in. She pushed her back away from the wall, feeling victorious as she headed for the second door in the room—the one that led straight to the hallway. Just as she reached the door, she stopped in her tracks when she felt his presence suddenly come up in front of her. She felt her heart flutter in excitement—he was alive. He emerged from the smoke, coming straight through the doorway to the dining room, covered in soot, a small cut on his forehead, blood dripping from the wound. Aki barely had any time to react when he kicked her square in the chest, sending her hurling across the room, her back smacking into the wall as both guns went flying from her grip, sliding across the floor.

                   She scrambled to her feet just as he ran at her, aiming to knee her in the gut, but she moved to the side, making his knee smash straight through the wall, the whole mansion shaking. She grabbed ahold of the arm he swung at her, deflecting it straight into the wall before being the one to knee him in the gut. His hands came up into her hair as he doubled over, grabbing onto it tightly. He swung her to the side, smacking her into the wall as grunts left their lips. Long gone were the guns—neither of them cared for them anymore. All they wanted was to inflict as much pain as possible with their bare hands.

                   Aki swung her leg, slamming the side of it into his rib cage, making him double over. She grabbed a fistful of his hair before kneeing him in the nose, cracking the skin from the bone-to-bone contact. A groan escaped his lips as he stumbled away from her, hand instinctively coming up to clutch his nose. Aki didn't spare him a second. She ran straight at him, jumping onto him, but somehow, he was ready. His arms wrapped around her, making them both thrash around as she slammed her elbow into his shoulder over and over. He spun her around before bringing her back straight down on the wooden table in the centre of the room, cracking it in half beneath her, making everything that had sat on top of it smash to pieces. They both fell to the ground, grunts and groans escaping their lips as they rolled around on the table that had snapped in half beneath them.

                Aki gulped in air, laying on her back, her head spinning. Chuuya was getting up before her, getting onto his knees, the wood crackling beneath him as he rolled his head on his shoulders, "Not so fast." Aki hissed, swinging her legs up to hook around his neck, pulling him into a chokehold with her legs as he clawed at them, trying to get her off as he turned red in the face.

                     His hands gripped beneath her thighs, hauling her up as he stood to his feet, her straddling his shoulders with a death grip on his neck. She's gonna fucking kill me. No. Fuck that. He spun, stumbling around like a baby deer that had just learned how to walk before smashing her back into a large mirror that hung from the wall. The glass broke beneath the impact, shattering to the ground. A gasp left Aki's lips, her eyes squeezing shut as she slipped down the wall, her legs coming free of Chuuya's neck.

She was seeing fucking stars.

                 Chuuya took a step back, ripping his head back, hair all over his face as he gasped in air, his throat red. Move body, dammit, Aki thought to herself. As if on instinct, the moment Chuuya advanced towards her after catching his breath, her leg kicked out, the sole of her boot slamming into his crotch. A groan of pain escaped his lips as his body jerked from the pain, doubling over, his body on fire. Aki crawled out from beneath him, glass crushing beneath her hands and knees before she eventually got to her feet.